Web Hosting and Awesome Twitter Marketing
There is gold in traffic to your website or blog
There is gold in traffic to your website or blog and Twitter is an information super-highway with the most responsive, targeted traffic source available today. Explore how to use Twitter to greatly increase the traffic to your website or blog. But before you do, be sure your web hosting provider can handle the additional influx of traffic you are building with your Twitter marketing campaign.
Email marketing and subscribers to your blog
Subscribers can be a huge asset for your website or blog. A feed burner account allows people to subscribe to your feed. You can send emails to industry friends and ask them to subscribe to your feed. So how do you get your friends and colleges to subscribe to your blog?
If they are not subscribing to your blog, it could be because of any of these reasons:
- they don't realize that they can
- your not asking them to subscribe
- they have been programmed to receive an email from you
- they don't like the content that your blog is producing
How do you get friends to subscribe to your blog?
Next time you contact industry insiders, send them an email from your personal email account and, in that email, tell them this is the last email regarding subscribing to your blog that you are going to send them. In that email, ask them to sign up for your automated email service. We are assuming that you have an email service. If not, you should consider using a service that has an automated email broadcast capability such as Aweber or Feedblitz.
Emails make a huge difference, as do social sharing tools such as "Twitter re-tweet" or "Facebook Like" buttons. At the end of the day, email is where it is at. So, make sure that visitors have the option to subscribe to your blog. In either case, the way it works, you have the ability to automatically send an email every time you have a new blog post. So you can basically, set it and forget it.
There are so many ways to leverage Twitter to grow your Internet business.
- Leverage Twitter for news because Twitter is like an "info superhighway". News hits Twitter in many cases, before it hits major news channels. Twitter is a huge gather place full of real people sharing real information in real time. The search function on Twitter is very helpful. You can search for keywords. You can also pay attention to "trending" topics. Major world events will actually show up in your Twitter feed in real time before you hear about it on TV or Internet news websites.
- Building your brand and networking are valuable marketing strategies, but the biggest value of Twitter is to drive traffic to your website. Twitter is probably the most responsive, targeted traffic source available today. You can send Twitter traffic to your Facebook page or your blog posts.
How are you using Twitter to drive traffic to your website or blog?
Free offers on your Facebook page pull traffic and then you can share these free offers two or three times a day on Twitter. One reason why Twitter is useful is because Twitter moves so quickly. A tweet has a lifetime of about 30 seconds, so it is completely acceptable to share the same tweet a few times a day on Twitter. You can use Hoot Suite for scheduling your tweets. Edit your tweets so each one is a little different. Test different wording to see what people respond to the most. Some businesses get the majority of their traffic from Twitter. Keep track of which tweets are generating more opt-ins and orders than others. To track the conversion of tweets you can monitor the number of opt-ins that come in. A basic oversight monitoring is really all it takes.
How do you increase traffic from Twitter to your blog?
- Usually when you post an article to your blog, you share it. But, sometimes people forget about it after they have shared it the initial time. You can share a blog post from your library of articles every hour. Evergreen content is very important and this is content that does not age and is not time sensitive.
- If you have a little bit of content, you can't share the same content day-after-day without your audience getting tired of it. But if you have a lot of content, be sure to rotate through all your content so that it is fresh and new to your viewers. This way you have fresh eyes on your content at all times.
Automate your Twitter marketing campaigns
Twitter is the biggest traffic source for businesses. With Twitter, you can increase your traffic by 100-300%. But who has time to write tweets all day? Not many people have the extra time that is required to manually run a Twitter marketing campaign. So what is a marketer to do? Simple—automate! With the most popular Twitter marketing automation tools, you can compose a database of "tweets" with keyword-rich hash tags and tinyurl hyperlinks that direct visitors to your blog articles. So, again, we see the value of blogging and writing articles that are original and provide real value to readers. Write, write write. Then, run an automated Twitter campaign and watch your traffic explode! Yep. It's real and it's awesome. There really is gold in traffic to your website or blog.
Popular Twitter marketing automation tools:
- Hoot Suite
- Tweet Deck
- Tweet Adder
Will your Twitter followers get upset because of your constant barrage of self-serving content?
Social media is not a one-size-fits-all. You need to know who your audience is and then you can determine the value of what they are looking for. It is usually what your area of expertise is. While some companies share every hour, some companies share only one or two articles per day. What works for one company may not be the same system that works for another company. The concept of sharing your content, as long as it is still relevant, is an effective marketing strategy on Twitter.
What do you suggest for a website that has many articles?
- Identify which articles you own that are evergreen.
- Make a list of all your content to be sure it is still relevant and holds true.
- Use hash tags to target keywords that are relevant to your blog post. People can still find your articles without hash tags, but the hash tagged content has more relevancy. You can hash tag the keyword in the title of the tweet.
Generating traffic with your content using Twitter
- The suggested number of shares per hour can be every hour, depending on how much content you have. If your audience looks to you routinely for content, then you can share more than once every hour. Some companies post every 15 minutes.
- Twitter is an amazing traffic source. Some Twitter apps prevent you from tweeting the same thing within a 24 hour period of time. So, if you have a great deal of content, you are safe and the same content will not re-appear for over a week.
Common mistakes on Twitter
- Some people setup a Twitter account and they do not leverage it. They are not active. If you are not consistent and active, then your followers will find some other company to tune into. So you absolutely need to be active.
- Some companies are "broadcasters" and do not engage with people. If you are on Twitter, you want people to consume your content and you also need to respond to people in order to engage with your followers. It is a time issue while engaging with people, but the benefit far out weighs the time it takes. You don't have to engage every re-tweet, but you do need to pay attention to "mentions" and "re-tweets". You need to come up with some system of engaging with people. You need to come up with a system that works for your company. As you grow, your system will change. As your Twitter followers grow in numbers, for example, your system of engagement will change. Companies that listen and pay attention do well on Twitter.
- Some companies tweet without providing value to their audience. The solution to this is "content" and a lot of it. The most effective content for building traffic is content that provides value to the reader.
Multi-media on Twitter
You can share a YouTube link and the video will show up on Twitter. You can also share pictures. And you can use the Vine app. Most tweets are simply text, but by adding visuals, you can increase your effectiveness of your tweets. Websites, blogs, even social are moving to a more visual format. With Twitter, you are limited to 140 characters of text, therefore, visuals showcase your tweets a great deal. By incorporating visuals, more people will consume more of your information. Companies that have a visual in their tweet will stand out among the noise. People are looking to connect with people. Display great photos of who you are versus, for example, a photograph of your cat. Also, on Twitter, if you have not taken the time to build your out profile and include a personal profile photo, then in most cases you will lose followers. People want to connect to a real person.
What is Vine?
Vine is a new app for sharing short, looping videos. It's free for iPhone or Android. Vine is a Twitter tool that is video based. It allows sharing of up to six seconds of video. Download their app on your mobile device and within 6 second increments you can create a video for Twitter. Many people have not yet embraced Vine, but with Twitter begging short and sweet—140 characters or 6 second videos—it is only expected to grow in popularity. Some people use Hoot Suite or Tweet Deck instead of downloading Vine.
Apps and tools for Twitter:
- Hoot Suite incorporates all the big social platforms including Google+
- ManageFlitter.com allows you to get rid of the people that are spammers. It allows you to follow, targeting, find real time conversations based on keywords. It is a one-stop-shop for Twitter marketers. It is web based and it is free. They also have a paid version.
Best web hosting for Twitter marketing
As is the case with any marketing campaign, your business will need to be sure that you are ready for the influx of traffic. Test your website. Test the shopping cart. If you have opt-ins for people to subscribe to your email list, test the form. In other words, what ever is your company's objective is on your website—test it. The MDA (most desired action) on your website should work. If your goal with the increase of traffic is to get more sales, then you need to be sure that your web hosting provider can handle the additional traffic to your blog and website so that you are able to obtain more sales.