Included with every web hosting plan. Installed with one click. Already have Drupal installed somewhere else? Coming from Drupal.com? We’ll transfer your Drupal website to our hosting for free. After you establish your web hosting account, you will receive a “New Account Information” email with details on how to access your cPanel control panel.
How to Get Started
- Login to your cPanel control panel.
- Scroll down to the “Software/Services” section.
- Click the “Drupal” icon to install.
- Drupal is the best choice for complex websites.
- Drupal is for serious site builders who want full control over everything from design elements to site visitor features that don’t look like modules.
- The upside to Drupal is that it’s designed specifically to accept new modules without updating the core platform. Drupal modules are usually free, though some of the more sophisticated features may cost a few bucks, but these modules won’t break the bank – even for a start-up web business.
- This means Drupal is the best choice for complex sites with loads of visitor-friendly features. However, the learning curve for Drupal is longer than that of WordPress or Joomla, and if you’re not very tech-savvy, you may find Drupal’s interface a little more complex than WordPress or Joomla.
- We deliver the most personal customer services in the industry, with highly trained and expert support staff ready to answer every customer question and need.
- Your Hosting support team is comprised of industry professionals who work directly with you to create and manage your solution—our most senior experts, the best and the brightest professionals in the business.
- We provide step-by-step video instruction on everything thing you need to get started with Drupal—including tips, basic website setup all the way to more complex configuration options.
Watch the video tour (2:19)
You may already have a blog on Drupal so you may be familiar with Drupal Templates and other features. Drupal is a CMS (content management system) that many site builders use to create web sites in much the same way you (and thousands of others) build a blog.
Drupal is easy to install. In fact, sync up occurs on download so you’re ready to roll as soon as you click the “Finish” button. This is a big plus if time is a critical factor in the launch of your site. Drupal also offers numerous Templates, or templates, to simplify site creation. But unlike straight-up template sites, Drupal developers have created more than 15,000 plugins – pre-programmed features, like an email module or an easy-to-use checkout, to simplify the sales and purchase processes. Of the big three CMS’s (Content Management Systems – WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal), Drupal has the highest learning curve and somewhat complex, but extremely powerful. See what our Drupal web hosting can do for your business.
The GreenHostIt network provides all customers with over 2,000 Gbps of connectivity between our data centers and 16 points of presence (PoPs). The GreenHostIt data center devices come with a default throughput of 100 Mbps on both public and private networks.
- Log in to the Drupal Dashboard at http://www.yourdomain.com/administrator/
- Select the Extensions link at the top.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Template Manager.
- To activate the Template click the Default link in order to make your Template active.
- Our Drupal Hosting exceeds the minimum requirements.
- Latest Versions of Apache, MySQL, & PHP
- Installs the newest Drupal Version
- PHP runs as CloudLinux for increased Drupal security.
- Drupal is included for free with our web hosting accounts.
We offer a multi-level approach for shielding Drupal against physical and electronic threats. Our security procedures utilize industry best practices from sources including The Center for Internet Security (CIS), Microsoft, and Red Hat and more. The data center facility is SSAE16 certified.
Content management system (CMS)
A content management system is software that keeps track of every piece of content on your Web site, much like your local public library keeps track of books and stores them. Content can be simple text, photos, music, video, documents, or just about anything you can think of. A major advantage of Drupal hosting is that it requires almost no technical skill or knowledge to manage. Since the CMS manages all your content, you don’t have to.
Examples of Drupal
Drupal Hosting is used all over the world to power Web sites of all shapes and sizes. Examples of Drupal uses include:
- Collaborative Book – Our unique collaborative book feature lets you setup a “book” and then authorize other individuals to contribute content.
- Friendly URLs – Drupal uses Apache’s mod_rewrite to enable customizable URLs that are both user and search engine friendly.
- Modules – The Drupal community has contributed many modules which provide functionality that extend Drupal core.detailed information
- Online help – Like many Open Source projects, we can’t say that our online help is perfect but have built a robust online help system built into the core help text. Available to you on your own site; detailed information
- Open source – The source code of Drupal is freely available under the terms of the GNU General Public License 2 (GPL). Unlike proprietary blogging or content management systems, Drupal’s feature set is fully available to extend or customize as needed.detailed information
- Personalization – A robust personalization environment is at the core of Drupal. Both the content and the presentation can be individualized based on user-defined preferences.
- Role based permission system – Drupal administrators don’t have to tediously setup permissions for each user. Instead, they assign permissions to roles and then group like users into a role group.screenshot . detailed information
- Searching – All content in Drupal is fully indexed and searchable at all times if you take advantage of the built in search module.