Why Go Green?
Green web hosting is the movement that is bringing common sense back to the web hosting industry.
The green IT movement is growing.
By “going green” you are protecting the environment. And by going green, a business can demonstrate corporate responsibility. One thing is clear; the trend toward green technology is not fading.
Show The World You Care – About The World
Demonstrate your responsibility and concern for a cleaner environment.
- Reduce your carbon footprint by choosing green web hosting.
- The highest standards in the hosting industry; a cleaner environment in the process
Economical, clean energy
Green Host It employs high-efficiency cooling power technologies designed to deliver reliability while shrinking our carbon footprint.
- Our servers are cooled using a proprietary Chilled Water Energy system as we generate 11 mega-watts of juice, enabling us to produce twice the power at half the load used by traditional web hosting services. Cool. Green. Responsible and reliable as the rise and fall of the day’s sun.
- Water is the most common renewable source of energy in the United States today.
- Cleaner than traditional web hosts
- Clean economic power solutions by focusing on energy efficiency and renewable energy
Energy use and carbon dioxide
- 20% of the carbon dioxide produced in the United States is generated by the nation’s transportation segment.
- 40% of the carbon dioxide produced in the United States is generated by the electricity utilized.
- Data center energy consumption has doubled Since 2000.
- Traditional web hosting providers require a great deal of energy to power web servers and other network equipment.
- Environmental and cooling controls, fire-suppression systems, electronic security mechanisms and Internet connections all require the use of energy.
Renewable Energy Credits
Now, a lot of web hosts claim to offer “green” tech, but the fact is, these “so-called” green hosts simply purchase Renewable Energy Credits (REC) while employing the same 20-year-old technology that gramps used back in the day. At Green Host It, we take web hosting into a new era of truly green technology.
Instead of just purchasing RECs and then telling ourselves that we have done enough, we do more.
- Our green data center uses less energy — it is twice as efficient than traditional data centers.
- We offset the energy that we use by investing in Texas wind power through Renewable Energy Credits (RECs).