WordPress for Websites or Blogs
Included with every web hosting plan. Installed with one click. Already have WordPress installed somewhere else? Coming from WordPress.com? We'll transfer your WordPress blog to our hosting for free. After you establish your web hosting account, you will receive a "New Account Information" email with details on how to access your cPanel control panel.
How to Get Started
- Login to your cPanel control panel.
- Scroll down to the "Software/Services" section.
- Click the "WordPress" icon to install.
- WordPress hosting is easy to use.
- WordPress support is available and free.
- WordPress is included with each hosting plan we offer.
- WordPress makes it easy to climb in Google's search engine results, which means people can easily find your blog.
- With WordPress hosting, you can do-it-yourself. No more waiting for an IT person to help you update your blog or website pages.
- We deliver the most personal customer services in the industry, with highly trained and expert support staff ready to answer every customer question and need.
- Your Hosting support team is comprised of industry professionals who work directly with you to create and manage your solution—our most senior experts, the best and the brightest professionals in the business.
- We provide step-by-step video instruction on everything thing you need to get started with WordPress—including tips, basic website setup all the way to more complex configuration options.
You may already have a blog on WordPress so you may be familiar with WordPress themes and other features. WordPress is a blogging platform that many site builders use to create web sites in much the same way you (and thousands of others) build a blog.
WordPress is easy to install. In fact, sync up occurs on download so you’re ready to roll as soon as you click the “Finish” button. This is a big plus if time is a critical factor in the launch of your site. WordPress also offers numerous themes, or templates, to simplify site creation. But unlike straight-up template sites, WordPress developers have created more than 15,000 plugins – pre-programmed features, like an email module or an easy-to-use checkout, to simplify the sales and purchase processes. Of the big three CMS’s (Content Management Systems - WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla), WordPress is the easiest to learn and use daily. See what our WordPress web hosting can do for your business.
- Blogging Articles
- 10 Reasons to Add a Blog
- Learn about the WordPress Dashboard
- Make Money with WordPress and Google Adsense Popular!
- WordPress and eCommerce with WooCommerce Great e-Commerce article!
- Moving a WordPress Blog to your New Hosting Account
- Easy to use step-by-step guide to setting up a WordPress website
- WordPress.com or WordPress.org - Which platform is best for my website or blog?
The GreenHostIt network provides all customers with over 2,000 Gbps of connectivity between our data centers and 16 points of presence (PoPs). The GreenHostIt data center devices come with a default throughput of 100 Mbps on both public and private networks.
- Log in to the WordPress Dashboard at http://www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin
- Select the Appearance link on the left, then Themes.
- From the Available Themes section, click on the Theme title (or Theme screenshot) for the Theme you wish to activate.
- A preview of the Theme will be shown.
- To activate the Theme click the Activate "Theme Name" link in the top right. Your selection should immediately become active.
- Our WordPress Hosting exceeds the minimum requirements.
- Latest Versions of Apache, MySQL, & PHP
- Installs the newest WordPress Version
- PHP runs as CloudLinux for increased WordPress security.
- WordPress is included for free with our web hosting accounts.
We offer a multi-level approach for shielding WordPress against physical and electronic threats. Our security procedures utilize industry best practices from sources including The Center for Internet Security (CIS), Microsoft, and Red Hat and more. The data center facility is SSAE16 certified.