- A tried and true method to build your business – with content
- Become your own content manager and start content marketing
- Types of web content:
- Primary content
- Comprehensive “how to” articles
- Expert interviews
- Case studies
- Breaking news
- More complex content:
- Reports based on surveys
- Contests such as “Top 10 Contests”
- Content is fuel for your business.
A tried and true method to build your business – with content
As is the case with most business owners, you are most likely looking for ways to increase visitors to your website and build client loyalty, which ultimately results in more sales. You can be your own content manager. Content marketing is a tried-and-true method of which to build your business, but many business owners are hesitant to hire a full-time content manager. Well, you don’t necessarily need to.
Become your own content manager and start content marketing
The answer is that content is the fuel that powers your website. No one likes to be sold to. Commercials and advertisements are things that people skip or ignore. But if you produce high-value content, such as “how to” information or expert interviews, it is a gift to your readers. What readers value most is solving their basic problems. Marketing, content and social sharing is based on helpful content. People will not share your stuff if its not helpful. When you offer free content that is actually useful and helpful to your readers, they consider it a gift or a favor. When you give gifts to people without expecting anything in return, people are going to want to help your business grow. Consequently, we encourage webmasters to invest in website content.
Types of web content:
A content manager can cost you upwards to $100k for a full-time professional . So, if you are like many small business owners, you must become your own content manager. If you want to be your own content manager, first you need to explore the various different types of website content. Successful blogging is not an easy task, but when you realize where to start, it can become easier to manage. There are many different contents, and your website may not need them all. But it’s important to know what they are. Here goes…
– This is content that you regularly produce every day. Yes, by producing content every day and posting to your website or blog, you show search engines that your website is important and worthy of high search engine rankings. Your readers will come to expect great content on your website and visit more often. This is important for you or your content manager. Show search engines and your readers that your website is useful. This is search engines 101 in a nutshell.
Comprehensive “how to” articles
– These are great traffic boosters to your website. Be sure to include lots of screen shots and as much detail as possible. Tell people exactly what to do and this step-by-step “how to” information will encourage people to share your content with others, which could increase chances of your content going viral.
– The reason expert interviews are valuable is because the right experts have knowledge that you can share with your audience. Experts are more than happy to talk to you if you quote them, which can help to promote their product or service as well. This can also help to build relationships and peak the curiosity of your readers, who will most likely return to your website or blog for more informative, helpful information in the form of interviews. Expert interviews can be a real website trust builder.
– This type of content is important website fuel, but don’t premier or show your customers. Rather, provide information on people that are doing great things in your industry. Case studies are something that you should consider adding to your website or blog and are more likely than not, interesting to your viewers.
– This is important but it is difficult to “chase” news, so instead of chasing news, do a weekly wrap up. For example, every Saturday, pick what you think are the hottest news items and write a blog post that wraps up all the hot news for the week. You can post this to your blog. If you do not yet have a blog on your site, consult with your website hosting provider for blogging solutions, such as WordPress or b2Evolution.
With these types of content and if they are regularly generated, it will propel your business to a higher level.
More complex content:
Unlike an article that you can produce in a couple of hours, complex articles can take weeks to produce, but the positive impact to your business can last for weeks, months or even years.
Reports based on surveys
– Types of questions to ask include: what are the biggest questions that face your readers’ industry or what tools are they going to invest in within the next 12 months? These and other questions that affect business owners should be analyzed by your team, then compiled into an analyst report, and given away for nothing. This provides great benefits for you business and it can be read by thousands of people. Be sure to embed a “re-tweet” button so that people can populate your content on Twitter and share it with their followers.
Contests such as “Top 10 Contests”
– These allow your website visitors to nominate people. Conduct an annual contest, ask readers to nominate contestants, then have your judges analyze them and rank them. Announce the winners and give the winners a badge that is created by a professional graphics designers. Encourage the winners to post the badge on their website. If you are lucky, they will add a link back to the contest results page on your website. This increases brand recognition to your website as well as increasing link popularity to your site.
Content is fuel for your business.
Create original content on a regular basis and post it to your blog. In time, your traffic and your business will grow. Content is the driving force that moves your business forward. Therefore, be your own content manager or hire a resourceful content manager. Great content on your website will build visitor loyalty. People will consume your content and share your content, which will ultimately grow your business.