If a business does not have a professional web site, people see that as a sign that the company is in trouble. An Internet business today is often a sign that your career is on track and that you have taken control of your own destiny.
Internet Business Today
- A successful internet business today all starts with a good domain name. A good domain name is easy to remember and easy to spell.
- Great web sites get right to the point. The content should be clean, clear and to the point. Good content makes it easy for visitors to learn about the company or conduct business. Do not distract your visitors with unnecessary music or videos. The home page should be updated on a regular basis.
- Your web site should contain detailed information about your products and services. Sometimes less is more, but not when it comes to your products. Product photos and images are always a plus. The more the better when it comes to product photographs.
- Email addresses say a lot about who you are. Employee email addresses should always use the company domain name. It looks professional and reinforces your web site address. Free email accounts should be avoided because they are perceived as unprofessional. Free email addresses are used by schemers and because of this, they trigger fraud alerts. Make sure your email address uses your company’s domain name.
- Tell everybody about your web site. Your company’s web site address should be promoted on all your correspondence. So make it a point that your web site address appears everywhere your company name appears.
- Make sure your web site address is listed in all available online directories and search engines, like Google and Bing. Monitor your traffic to your web site and analyze the data on a regular basis so you can make changes that will improve the effectiveness of how it works.
- Do what you can to have a cyber relationship with your customers. Maintain a blog that contains meaningful information relevant to your products and questions that your customers might have. Short reads are good and easier for people. Keep in touch with visitors to your we bite with opted email marketing. Give people a reason to open your emails. Use fresh content, product updates, promotions, customer testimonials. Offer people a reason to look at what your sending.
- Choose a reliable website hosting provider. Web sites should be hosted with a rock-solid host. Top 10 lists are not the best place to find a host. Your website host should be experienced.
- On the web, security is critical. Secure the company web site with a SSL certificate so visitors know their transactions are safe. Use a web site protection scanner service that performs daily scans and displays this fact on the home page. This shows visitors that the web site is protected against hackers. The company should post logos attesting to the fact that their domain name has been certified. Certificates and awards should be posted at the bottom of the web site to demonstrate credibility and build trust.
- Your company should connect with prospects and customers using every social medial. Interact with customers on subjects that they find interesting. The company’s twitter handle and Facebook page should be readily available to any interested visitors or customer on the company web site. Choose wisely. Start an Internet business today and take control of your destiny.