A tried and true method to build your business
As is the case with most business owners, you are most likely looking for ways to increase visitors to your website and build client loyalty, which ultimately results in more sales. Web content. Don’t call this tip an experiment, because it is a tried-and-true method of which to build your business.
Grow Your Business with Web Content Marketing
The answer is that content is the fuel that powers your website. No one likes to be sold to. Commercials and advertisements are things that people skip or ignore. But if you produce high-value content, such as “how to” information or expert interviews, it is a gift to your readers. What readers value most is solving their basic problems. When you give gifts to people without expecting anything in return, people are going to want to help your business grow.
Types of web content:
– This is content that you regularly produce every day. Yes, by producing content every day and posting to your website or blog, you show search engines that your website is important and worthy of high search engine rankings. Your readers will come to expect great content on your website and visit more often.
Comprehensive “how to” articles
– These are great traffic boosters to your website. Be sure to include lots of screen shots and as much detail as possible. Tell people exactly what to do and this step-by-step “how to” information will encourage people to share your content with others, which could increase chances of your content going viral.
– The reason expert interviews are valuable is because the right experts have knowledge that you can share with your audience. Experts are more than happy to talk to you if you quote them, which can help to promote their product or service as well. This can also help to build relationships and peak the curiosity of your readers, who will most likely return to your website or blog for more informative, helpful information in the form of interviews.
– This type of content is important website fuel, but don’t premier or show your customers. Rather, provide information on people that are doing great things in your industry. Case studies are something that you should consider adding to your website or blog and are more likely than not, interesting to your viewers.
– This is important but it is difficult to “chase” news, so instead of chasing news, do a weekly wrap up. For example, every Saturday, pick what you think are the hottest news items and write a blog post that wraps up all the hot news for the week. You can post this to your blog. If you do not yet have a blog on your site, consult with your website hosting provider for blogging solutions, such as WordPress or b2Evolution.
With these types of content and if they are regularly generated, it will propel your business to a higher level.
More complex content:
Unlike an article that you can produce in a couple of hours, complex articles can take weeks to produce, but the positive impact to your business can last for weeks, months or even years.
Reports based on surveys
– Types of questions to ask include: what are the biggest questions that face your readers’ industry or what tools are they going to invest in within the next 12 months? These and other questions that affect business owners should be analyzed by your team, then compiled into an analyst report, and given away for nothing. This provides great benefits for you business and it can be read by thousands of people. Be sure to embed a “re-tweet” button so that people can populate your content on Twitter and share it with their followers.
Contests such as “Top 10 Contests”
– These allow your website visitors to nominate people. Conduct an annual contest, ask readers to nominate contestants, then have your judges analyze them and rank them. Announce the winners and give the winners a badge that is created by a professional graphics designers. Encourage the winners to post the badge on their website with a link back to the contest results page on your website. This increases brand recognition to your website as well as increasing link popularity to your site.
Content is fuel for your business.
Create original content on a regular basis and post it to your blog. In time, your traffic and your business will grow. Content is the driving force that moves your business forward. Great content on your website will build visitor loyalty. People will consume your content and share your content, which will ultimately grow your business.