Website Features That are Paramount for Business
Some business owners are hesitant to launch a new website or social media marketing campaign. But in today’s era of social media and website ecommerce, any industry can benefit from having an online presence. With these website features, any small business owner can build a professional website or blog online.
Your online presence is critical to build your brand. Media and online presence is where it is at. Depending on what industry you are in, figure out what network is applicable to your business and start there.
Website, blog, all social platforms: Facebook, Linkedin, Pinterest, Twitter – they all offer an opportunity to reflect your business and what you want to portray to the public. Put up appropriate posts that you are okay with representing to your community. It doesn’t matter what type of website that you have. These website features are important to businesses of all sizes.
Website Features for small business
Beyond layout and color scheme, there are a lot of features that are paramount to successful small-business websites. Some are obvious, while others are more subtle.
- Domain Name
- Phone Number
- Top Navigation
- Bread Crumb Navigation
Above the Fold
- Slider or Image
- Important Business Information
- Testimonials and Reviews
Below the Fold
- Main Features
- Original, Quality Content
- Internal Links
- Contact Information
- Business Hours
- Social Media Buttons
- Online Chat Feature
- Newsletter Signup
- Bottom Navigation
Inner Website Pages
- Contact Form
- Captcha or Anti-Spam
- Personalized About Us page
- Inner Pages Formatted in Paragraph Patterns
- FAQ page
- Blog Section Leading to Adjacent Portal
- Search Function
- Social Media Share Buttons
- Comment Feature
Other Design Features
- Easy-to-Recognize Links
- Clean, Professional Font
- Mobile Responsive
- Hamburger Menu on Responsive Website
- Automatic XML Sitemap Creation
- Ability to easily update Titles and Meta Description of each page
- Easy to update URL Structure
Server / Web Hosting
- Use a Content Management System to make it easy to manage and maintain your website.
- Cross-Browser Compatible
- Google Analytics
- Google Webmaster Tools
- Speed, Fast Loading Website with Optimized Code
- Use Browser Cache to Increase Speed
- Schema.org – Rich Snippets Integration
Things to Avoid on Your Website
- Do not use Flash on your Website
- Avoid Background Music
- Do not upload videos to your web server. Instead, utilize the power of YouTube or Vimeo.
Offline Boots-on-the-Ground Marketing
Old school company owners can think that a website or social marketing can be time consuming and not beneficial to the bottom line. Offline boots on the ground marketing can be beneficial too, but a professional website with Facebook and other social media platforms get more eyeballs than typical marketing.
Build a Website Outside of the Box
Do 10% more than what you are comfortable with. Get outside of the box. Don’t stay in your comfort zone because your competitors are not. Provide value with a quality website and social media posts to grow your business.