- The Power to Affect Change with Website Giving
- Philanthropist Websites
- Even small philanthropist can affect change
- Free dental care day
- Lake Travis ministries food drive
- “Cancer Can Kiss Off”
- Ladies’ Bingo Fundraiser
- Website benefits for a Philanthropist
- What can be achieved with a website?
- Questions to consider
- Giving more effectively with an online presence
- Website Philanthropist and Business
The Power to Affect Change with Website Giving
To begin with, a philanthropist has the desire to help combined with a well-designed website can affect lives.
Most likely, it began with an idea. A Lakeway, Texas resident dreamed of helping her local community. She wanted to help the philanthropic groups in her local community that were struggling financially, and without critical financing, their goal of helping others was limited. This is what promoted her to launch LTLov.org
- Green Host It was happy to help. The Austin web hosting firm donated a custom website design for LTLov and 2 years free web hosting. The site was designed around the core “apply for funding” tab which provides an online application for charities and giving organizations to use when applying for grants. The website focuses on LTLov mission statement and membership as well as past projects, meetings, and funding provided.
The organization has become critical to the support of many projects and organizations providing outreach to families in need in the Lake Travis area.
Even small philanthropist can affect change
Moreover, the thing to remember is that LTLov is helping charitable organizations on the ground level—organizations that are directly involved in helping local residents of the community.
Some of the past projects of LTLov include:
Free dental care day
— 64 children with various needs for dental health received free dental care. The smiles were contagious as kids walked out with brighter, healthier teeth and volunteers grinned ear to ear knowing the difference they helped to make! This amazing event offered the opportunity to receive basic dental care to children who otherwise would not have the opportunity due to family resources in this difficult economy. Special thanks to Heart of Lakeway Dental and Dr. Robbie Robinson for continuing to open up his Lakeway Dental Office to host this event.
Lake Travis ministries food drive
—an organization that offers support to local residents who had lost jobs or had extra family members moving in because of economic uncertainty. The shelves of Lake Travis Ministries are normally stocked full with non-perishables, lacked the quantities necessary to meet the ever-increasing needs of local residents. LTLov collected food items that filled 24 large paper grocery bags and delivered them to a very thankful staff just opening the doors to another evening of need.
“Cancer Can Kiss Off”
—an event organized to raise money for the family of a young lady fighting brain cancer. Together we made a difference as she and her family continue her fight against brain cancer and LTLov was there to help with an event at Carlos and Charles’s which helped to raise over $20,000 to help ease the many financial burdens cancer. “This event is one of my personal favorites. As a Stage 3b cancer survivor, I understand the mounting pressures a family can undergo while fighting cancer,” commented Green Host It.
Ladies’ Bingo Fundraiser
— The Center for Child Protection received funds raised during a Ladies Bingo event at the Hilton in Austin hosted by LTLov.
Website benefits for a Philanthropist
First and foremost, philanthropic organizations strive to offer information. This way donors can be better informed. Gifts can be contributed after more careful consideration. An informed donation can be extremely beneficial to the local community. Many times, people who have giving on their minds and in their heart are puzzled by exactly how to give in a way that their gifts will benefit the needs which are of interest. A website can help organizations identify the goals and aspirations of its volunteers. An online presence serves as this outlet for the giving circle or charitable organization to specify the needs of which it is geared toward serving.
What can be achieved with a website?
Basically, there are three reasons organizations publish a website, all of them involve selling, or at least persuading.
- to sell products (everything from stoves to pukka shell necklaces)
- services for sale (accounting, medical, house painting – we DO something for you)
- to sell a message: advocacy groups, not-for-profits, political candidates – all trying to sell you on their “message” to vote, donate, support, volunteer or contribute in some other way – even by spreading the message by word of mouth.
Questions to consider
- Why are you or your organization publishing a website? Everything else develops based on your answer to this simply complex question. Its a question that is both simple and complex, so give it some thought.
- Who are you going to choose as your online-partner—your web hosting provider?
- How are you or your organization going to build your online presence? What tools will best demonstrate to visitors the mission and passion of your organization?
Giving more effectively with an online presence
Mature non profits who may be working to reinvent themselves. This allows organizations to adapt to today’s demands for more accountability and volatile government-funding environment. Extreme extroverts do not necessarily need to represent the cause. Indeed many charities and giving circles have analyzed the needs and benefits of building a website. Most charities utilize the organization website for online fund raising, news publications, and organization pages for members. An online presence can help match the personality types of its volunteers and potential donors.
Website Philanthropist and Business
Finally, an online presence can more effectively achieve philanthropy and the sense of caring. Identify local news and inspire community involvement with an online web page. Increase donor momentum with a website. Distribute contributions more effectively distributed with an online presence. Green Host It is happy to participate in this endeavor.