- 1 Help with Yelp Reviews
- 2 Yelp Reviews
- 3 Getting reviews
- 4 Improving the position of positive reviews on your company page
- 5 The filter is always moving so do things that a normal users would do.
- 6 Tips to Improve your Yelp Page:
- 7 What are recommended listings?
- 8 How to get your filtered Yelp and Google Plus reviews to be more visible.
- 9 Respond professionally
- 10 Website reviews
- 11 Web hosting cPanel
Help with Yelp Reviews
It is an unfortunate reality that the the silent, satisfied majority of customers do not ordinarily post Yelp reviews, unless they are encouraged. Consequently, negative Yelp reviews and comments are really just constructive feedback about how customers feel about your products or services.
The key is to utilize a negative experience as a positive opportunity to strengthen your relationship with the customer, while demonstrating your commitment to satisfaction and a job well done to potential customers. By listening to reviews, you are able to highly customize and target your organization to meet your clients’ needs exactly.
- Claim your business listing
- Pre-qualify and ask for reviews – Yelp says not to ask for reviews, but let us face it. Currently, people tell their friends about a business by posting it online. Did the customer have a positive experience? If so, you can ask for a review on Yelp or Google Places.
- Ask friends and partners that are customers to review your company. Encourage them to be completely open. The key is to be transparent and authentic.
- Follow up e-mails – if you asked someone to review your company and they have not yet done it, feel free to send them a follow up. You can even send the person a link so that they can easily click and leave a review of your company.
Yelp uses a filter that designed to algorithmically filter out reviews that most likely are not authentic. Therefore, if your company has many filtered 5-star reviews, you can work to help move those reviews back onto your page. The following tips help you to show Yelp that the positive reviews you have (even filtered) are authentic.
Improving the position of positive reviews on your company page
- Friend them
- Follow them
- “Like” their reviews useful/funny/cool
- Send them a message – If you have a filtered Yelp 5-star review, you can email the person and mention it. Ask them to review a few other places first before posting the review for your company. Alternatively, if that person has already reviewed your company, ask them to review some other businesses too. Yelp tends to filter out a person’s first review.
The filter is always moving so do things that a normal users would do.
- Upload a profile picture
- Review other places. This increases your credibility on Yelp and signals to their algorithm that you are a real person
- Suggest they add more friend
- Check in. If you are checking in at normal businesses, this is a signal to Yelp that you are a normal person. This is a very effective tactic to make filtered reviews appear more authentic.
- Be active.
Tips to Improve your Yelp Page:
- If you have any negative Yelp reviews, do not add a lot to your Yelp page yet because your additional content will cause your page to move up in Google.
- Build out the page; add deals and pictures (do you have positive or negative Yelp reviews?)
- Always provide the best customer service that you can and if your company has a bad month (they all do at one point in time), do not be afraid to write about it in your company blog, for example. Explain what happened and what your company is doing to improve.
What are recommended listings?
You are probably going to trust some opinions more than others do. Every day people post reviews. All reviews are different. This is why some reviews have credibility while others are not. Quality, reliability and user activity are the ones that are most likely recommended. The recommendation software is changing constantly and recommended reviews can change at any time.
How to get your filtered Yelp and Google Plus reviews to be more visible.
It is difficult to get reviews to stay on Yelp and Google Plus. Many times people who are leaving reviews for you are not very active, not filled out all their information in the account. Filtered Yelp reviews are invisible.
- Send out friend requests
- Be active in the community
The best way to get reviews to stick is to download the Yelp or Google Plus app, they go to their home screen and “check in”. That is key to getting their review stick. Users who reviews were filtered can go back into their Yelp or Google Plus app on their smart phone and check in. They can also edit the review and re-post it. Many times, what happens is that the review will be “unfiltered” after the person checks in.
If your business has a Yelp page, you know what kind of impact it can have on you. Yelp usually ranks well on Google so it can determine if your business is perceived positively or negatively because it could be ranked #2 under your website if someone searches your brand name. The review site, Yelp, is no longer about restaurants any more. Yelp lists most service companies. Review sites are not getting any smaller, so now is the time to be pro-active and develop a strategy for your company’s online reputation management. Insane Yelp reviews are bad for business. Insane Yelp reviews could also be risky for the person posting the reviews.
Bottom line, if you are a business owner and you have received a negative review, do not panic. It might be possible to use that review to benefit your reputation. Reach out to the person who posted the review and try to open a dialogue with that person. If it is a legitimate review, the person will most likely want to communicate with your business in hopes that your company will learn and improve on the situation.
Finally, business owners can add a Yelp button to their website and this will encourage additional reviews. To get the code, login to biz.yelp.com and if you have already claimed your business and your website has already received reviews, you will see a link on your business account on the left called “Review badges”. Click the link and you can then choose a button for your website that fits your needs. Pick out which badge you want to add to your website, then highlight and copy the HTML code to the right of it.
Web hosting cPanel
A cPanel control panel comes standard with your web hosting account. The easiest way to add code to a web page is to use the File Manager that comes standard with cPanel. Login to your web hosting account cPanel and click the “File Manager” icon. Add the code that you copied from the previous step and paste it on your index page. That is it! You have added a Yelp badge to your website using cPanel and an account with a provider of web hosting.