Protect your private information online
The Whois database is accessible to anyone on the internet. When you register a domain, you risk exposing your name, address, email and phone number to spammers, marketing firms and online fraudsters.
Did you know that when you register a new domain name, your information is more secure when you purchase the add-on Whois Privacy (also referred to as “Domain Privacy”)? Any spammers, scammers or fraudsters can find your personal information online, 24×7, 365 days a year, unless you have Domain Privacy enabled on your domain name(s).
How much does domain privacy cost?
The price is $4 per year, per domain. The cost is insignificant in comparison to the benefits provided with online privacy.
How can I protect myself?
By choosing our ID Protect addon during domain signup, your personal information is automatically protected.
I already have a domain registered with you,can I still protect my personal information?
Yes, please open a sales ticket and we can set this up for you.
What will my personal information look like?
You can see from the example below that your personal information is totally hidden from public searches.
What are the benefits of ID Protect?
- Other WHOIS masking products only falsify your WHOIS records which can jeopardize your domain registration.
- ID Protect secures your private information by storing it in a trusted 3rd party data vault, and is completely complaint with ICANN (ICANN is the governing body of Internet rules and regulations).
- ID Protect forwards legitimate e-mails to your real e-mail address, but keeps spammers and data miners away.
- Without ID Protect, anyone can find your personal contact information including your home address.
- ID Protect hides this information while protecting your personal address from getting into the wrong hands.