- 1 How to sell using Instagram eCommerce
- 2 Using Instagram eCommerce to Sell Online:
- 3 Small or medium ticket items are selling on Instagram.
- 4 What type of images should be used on Instagram to sell your products or services?
- 5 Educational photographs for business
- 6 Well performing photographs and those that fail
- 7 Start with “why”and illustrate visually
- 8 Instagram Marketing
- 9 How can I get more followers on Instagram?
- 10 What makes an Instagram account relevant?
- 11 Quality vs. quantity and Instagram eCommerce
- 12 How do I get the right people to see my Instagram account ?
- 13 It’s not all about you
- 14 How to engage with new followers on Instagram:
- 15 You need to engage with your Instagram followers.
- 16 Business Instagram account or a personal Instagram account?
- 17 Analytics for Instagram eCommerce
- 18 Local businesses and Instagram eCommerce
- 19 How can you tell which of your past photographs work well with Instagram eCommerce?
- 20 How important are hash tags?
- 21 How many times a day should I post photographs on Instagram?
- 22 Instagram Marketing Strategy and Instagram eCommerce
- 23 Ask for the sale with Instagram eCommerce
How to sell using Instagram eCommerce
Instagram Marketing is an emerging trend in social storefront and traffic generation. Instagram has a strong 300 million user base and entrepreneurs are leveraging this network to showcase their services and sell products. Harnessing Instagram is an efficient method which you can use to sell online. Instagram offers an opportunity to sell. Thousands of your piers who are also seeking to take the first step and build a business with social media are turning to Instagram as their media of choice. Instagram eCommerce has emerged as a leading storefront online.
Many people are using Instagram in a half-hearted way. They have no strategic plan. People often post photographs of their, for example, coffee or delicious meal that they are currently enjoying. Using it to connect with friends is a common Instagram use. But unfortunately, these strategies do not sell your products online.
Using Instagram eCommerce to Sell Online:
High-ticket products are difficult to sell on Instagram. A push-to-click is better for selling small items that you, for example, link to Etsy.
Small or medium ticket items are selling on Instagram.
- There is no better platform than Instagram to tell a story. It’s a deeper and richer experience. It has the ability to make customers loyal before the purchase is even made. The visual component of Instagram is powerful.
- The more that you are able to walk your followers along the journey of your sales funnel, the better for your conversions.
- Take professional photography work and create graphics with quotes (and your logo on the photograph) to add to your Instagram account. People that are fans will begin to follow your Instagram account.
- Always define your Instagram account so that visitors can immediately see the value that you provide. What do you offer? What value do you offer? Tell them what you are about. Your visitors need to know that they are seen, felt and heard. You have 15 seconds to woo a new follower, so make sure your Instagram account is clear and definitive.
People don’t buy what you do, they buy why you do it. – Simon Sinek
What type of images should be used on Instagram to sell your products or services?
Studies show that the photos that perform the best are naturally-lit photographs. Too many variances of colors do not do well. The eye needs to be able to clearly draw to the item.
Educational photographs for business
Educational photographs work well when they provide a moment that are real to the brand and to the business. Educational photographs work well if they fit the needs of your ideal client on Instagram.
Well performing photographs and those that fail
- Photographs that perform well have a very distinct que. A direct, clear line of action does well. A clear line of action, for example, is achieved when the photograph that shows a clear line of something happening.
- Photos that are really dark or lit with a flash do not do well. A photograph that has too much text, or a collage do not do well. Fake, posed photographs do not do well.
Start with “why”and illustrate visually
Instagram has the unique ability to illustrate visually. Instagram limits captions to 87 characters before the user needs to click the “read more” button. So, if you can tell a powerful story in 87 characters or less and have a photo that matches your story – you are winning on Instagram. Your Instagram bio cannot exceed 150 characters.
Rather than trying to get more followers, you might want to think about getting the “right” kind of followers. You want Instagram followers that engage. You want Instagram followers who are going to care about your business, leave comments, likes and share. This is what creates a relevant Instagram account. The after-effects of having a lot of followers who are not engaged is that your account is not indexed high in the algorithm which results in fewer people seeing it and less people liking and commenting.
How can I get more followers on Instagram?
The introduction of algorithm is forcing us to re-think what is important. So many social media marketers care about the numbers. But maybe what people should be thinking not about how do I get more, but rather how do I get the “right” type of followers? When you are trying to sell, it’s not about numbers – it’s the right number of the right followers.
What makes an Instagram account relevant?
You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you. – Dale Carnegie
Quality vs. quantity and Instagram eCommerce
When you are trying to sell, its about the right people, not massive quantities of followers. An account, for example, with fewer followers will be more likely to be seen because it will be perceived to be more relevant. All things being equal – if there is an account with 200 followers and routinely gets 20 likes and 2 comments and there is another account with 2,000 followers and routinely gets 20 likes and 2 comments – the account with fewer followers will be more likely to be seen because it will be perceived to be more relevant. Its not about more followers, its about the right type of followers.
How do I get the right people to see my Instagram account ?
Create an ideal client profile. Put yourself in the shoes of your ideal client. Where is this person on Instagram? Why are your ideal client profiles on Instagram? Are you an educator? Do you give helpful tips and advise?
It’s not all about you
Your Instagram account is not for you. It’s not for your business. Your Instagram account purpose is to serve a purpose for those that are following you. Your entire business trajectory should be “how do I create value for my followers”? That is how you grow your audience
How to engage with new followers on Instagram:
If your ideal followers find that your account is valuable to them, then you will earn the right type of new follower.
You need to engage with your Instagram followers.
- Every day, check new followers. Go to their account and and leave a note on one of their photos or like some of their pictures.
- Find popular hash tags that your ideal client is using and use that hash tag that your ideal client is using and then engage with people that are using that hash tag
Business Instagram account or a personal Instagram account?
Will your account be penalized if you switch to a business Instagram account? If you notice that changes to the Facebook algorithm are no longer indexing Facebook pages as much as peoples’ Facebook personal pages, it is possible that this might be the same case with Instagram.
Interaction on an Instagram account can diminish if you switch it from a personal account to a business account. You can later switch back and forth, but its like a flag to your account. So, its better to keep your Instagram account personal, rather than business.
Analytics for Instagram eCommerce
A business Instagram account will grant you accessibility to analytics for your account but there is a work-around to get analytics for those that have a personal Instagram account. If, however, you create a Facebook advertising to go into your Instagram account, you are eligible to use Instagram analytics without having to change your account to a business Instagram account. A business Instagram account, however, is very helpful for businesses with a physical address because you can call or text directly from the Instagram app and get directions to your physical address of your business but there are not a ton of people that use Instagram to find local businesses.
Local businesses and Instagram eCommerce
Local business owners might find a business Instagram account helpful in the future because Instagram might allow ratings on Instagram – a little like Yelp meets Instagram together. You can link to a map to your location, your phone number and post your hours of operation.
How can you tell which of your past photographs work well with Instagram eCommerce?
- What type of photographs get the most likes?
- What type of photographs get the most comments?
- Which images get the most tagging?
Instagram limits the number of hash tags that you can use to 30 per photograph. Use a hash tag that is diversified and choose 5 that are very popular. Then choose 5 that are geographically relevant to your product or service. Breakdown your hash tags and diversify them to attract the ideal follower. A ratio to keep in mind is 3 gives to 1 ask.
How many times a day should I post photographs on Instagram?
Post once a day every day can be a gold mine. Do not post too many promotional photos. Remember the recommended ratio of 3 gives to 1 ask. Don’t use too many old photos because you don’t want your account to look stale.
Instagram Marketing Strategy and Instagram eCommerce
There is not a fool-proof plan to Instagram marketing, but testing and engaging with followers does well. The photographs that do the best are ones that show you out-and-about in a real-world situation. The more you create value for your followers, the more successful your Instagram marketing will be.
Ask for the sale with Instagram eCommerce
“Asking for the sale” is something that many people do not think to do. But there is a real value to you as a business owner to ask for the sale. But keep in mind that people think of Instagram as a very personal medium, so its best to sell on Instagram by providing value. Are you trying to make a sale on Instagram? Position your service as a solution, rather than simply asking for the sale.