- 1 Gmail Email for Marketing
- 2 Customer Relationships
- 3 The heart of customer relationships
- 4 How can web hosting help you to connect with people?
- 5 Web hosting email tools:
- 6 phpList
- 7 Roundcube
- 8 poMMo
- 9 SquirrelMail
- 10 WebMail
- 11 WEBinsta
- 12 CcMail
- 13 OpenNewsletter
- 14 Gmail Users and Business
- 15 Gmail—Three Main Tabs:
- 16 Primary
- 17 Social
- 18 Promotions
- 19 Gmail Tabs Enabled by Default
- 20 How to improve your email marketing plan:
- 21 Gmail Tabs and Marketing
- 22 Website Visitors, Social Media and Local Connections
- 23 Good web hosting and tools to connect with your customers
Gmail Email for Marketing
For starters, email most likely plays some role in the marketing of your business. Either a blog, newsletter, lead generation forms, or basic contact forms on your website may be used to generate leads and stay connected with customers or potential customers. Nearly thirty percent of all small business use Gmail for email marketing needs.
Most important, email and social networks are essential tools for the Internet businessperson. The two go hand-in-hand and are critical for engaging, connecting, and communicating with your fan base. Email has made social media what it is today. If it were not for email, both Twitter and Facebook would not be as powerful.
See, the heart of customer relationships is communication. Lost customer experience is lost sales, so avoid it at all costs. Web hosting offers many email tools that can help with customer relationship via communication that is easy to mange, well organized and inexpensive to implement.
The heart of customer relationships
It takes time to build up a customer following, so capitalize on that fan base. With social media, you have the potential for connecting with the friends of your existing fans. With email marketing and social media combined, you have the most powerful tools known to Internet marketing.
How can web hosting help you to connect with people?
The heart of customer relationships begins with knowing your client. What are their names and what are they looking for? This is not always true in the case of using software as a replacement of the customer interaction. Lost customer experience is lost sales, so avoid it at all costs. Furthermore, by establishing a relationship with customers, you give them a face to the name, so to speak. They begin to understand the personality behind your website brand.
Finally, these web hosting tools provide an inexpensive and efficient way to use email to maintain the customer contact.
Web hosting email tools:
is an open-source newsletter manager. phplist is free to download, install and use, and is easy to integrate with any website. phplist is downloaded more than 10000 times per month.
This is an amazing free webmail tool for small business. Roundcube webmail is a browser-based multilingual IMAP client with an application-like user interface. It provides full functionality you expect from an e-mail client, including MIME support, address book, folder manipulation, message searching and spell checking.
is versatile mass mailing software. It provides a tool to add a mailing list to your Web site or to organize stand-alone mailings. Unique Features such as the ability to mail subsets of your subscribers set it apart from alternatives.
What is SquirrelMail? It is a webmail package written in PHP. It includes built-in pure PHP support for the IMAP and SMTP protocols, and all pages render in pure HTML 4.0 for maximum compatibility across browsers. SquirrelMail has all the functionality like email client, including strong MIME support, address books, and folder manipulation.
Lite is Fast and easy-to-use webmail front-end for your existing POP3/IMAP mail server. WebMail Lite can be used to access mail on virtually any POP3 or IMAP enabled mail server. The integrated web administration panel allows you to manage the system settings without manual editing configuration files.
What is WEBinsta? It is a mail list manager is built to provide a centralized mailing list / newsletter system for small to medium website. WEBinsta is simple yet quite powerful . It support the standard subscribe and unsubscribe , remote verification, unsubscribe links, attachments and host of other such features . The best of all the total integration is less than 3 lines of code
is a free, open, powerful Mailing List Manager that does not require any programming knowledge. It has a user-friendly interface, being in the same time complete and powerful. CcMail offers the basic functionalities of a commercial, expensive script for free.
is a web-based open source solution for sending email newsletters to a subscriber list. Email delivery options include an HTML version and/or a Text version.
Connect with your Visitors
Gmail Users and Business
Currently there are 425 million Gmail users. Thirty-five percent of business email lists use Gmail. Most companies have a very large percentage of their customers that use Gmail.
Gmail—Three Main Tabs:
Google overhauled Gmail to include filters. See, Gmail filters all emails for all users and sorts them into tabs. The three Gmail Tabs are as follows:
– YouTube, Twitter, Facebook updates
– Google filters promotional material and these emails will most likely end up here. Discussed comments, form replies, email newsletters, and many advertising filtered are stored in this tab. Your job as an email marketer is to be sure that your emails do not end up filtered into the abyss of the “promotions” tab. It is your responsibility to educate your subscribers on how to find your emails, otherwise you will lose the value of your subscriber base and the last tried-and-true marketing tool on the Internet—email marketing.
Gmail Tabs Enabled by Default
Unless people know to change their settings, these default sorting algorithms will be the ‘new’ normal. The implication of this is that Gmail is becoming like Facebook. If you use it, you use it by their rules. You do not get the option to activate their changes, but rather Gmail simply enables them. Other email providers could follow the lead and make changes to their email system. All email-marketing results will most likely drop, if you do not take action.
This maybe some of the few platforms that you, the business owner, know will work in terms of getting your message in front of potential customers. Furthermore, many business owners think this will have a big impact on their advertising.
How to improve your email marketing plan:
Gmail is filtering all emails and chances are that your marketing emails will be stuck in a slightly hidden folder, no matter what you do. There are, however, five tips that you can follow to get past this.
- Create a simple video to educate your subscribers on the new Gmail Tabs. In your video, explain how your subscribers can make the following changes to their Gmail settings so that your emails do not get “lost” in their promotions tab. These suggestions will help your subscribers and you, the email marketer, remain connected.
- Un-click “promotions” if you want to
- Include starred messages in my primary mail box (open a newsletter and star it by clicking the star image)
- Drag messages into your primary box. A message will pop-up and ask you if you want all future messages from the same sender to go to your primary email box, instead of the promotions box
- Promote your videos through your social channels, especially if you have a large base of Gmail users
- Create or embed videos on a “thanks for subscribing” page – embed a little message under some red text that says “important message for Gmail users” and beneath it, embed your video that explains how to make sure that your emails show up in your users “permanent” folder
- Alter your follow-up email with a Gmail note. Your Gmail users will look for on-going messages from you, so edit your follow up email to encourage Gmail users to watch your video
- Search your subscriber list and filter all users who use Gmail. Just sort by email addresses that end in gmail.com. Send those subscribers an email with a link to the video. This will encourage your Gmail users to watch your video that you created in Step #1 (above). Send those users a link to the video and you will increase your chances of keeping your Gmail subscribers connected with your business.
Gmail Tabs and Marketing
Consequently, Google’s Tabs are going to systematically alter the way email marketers address their marketing. If your business is reliant on any way, on any kid of promotion, marketing or sales with email—then you should carefully consider following the above five tips.
If you notify customers of new products, promotions, educational content, and that is done via email, these tips for email marketing are important fort you.
Business is about connecting with people in real life and this is the reason people use social media for sales and marketing. The average user has 130 friends. The average fan has 310 friends, of which 30-40% are people live near you. So how do you connect users so that you provide a benefit to them and not become a nuisance? Consequently, one marketing strategy can help… carefully planned and organized email marketing.
Start with a solid marketing strategy by capitalizing on your company’s assets. Know your brand. Know your assets.
Good web hosting and tools to connect with your customers
It is old advice, but good advice. Get to know your customers and build relationships with them. The time and effort you spend building relationships will pay off in terms of sales.
Finally, a good web hosting provider can provide the tools you need to not only connect with your visitors, but also follow up with them in a way that is helpful and not a nuisance to them. With the new Gmail Tabs, marketers will need to work a little more to be sure that their marketing emails are not lost in the abyss of Gmail Tabs.