Bump Up Sales with Email Marketing
Use Web Hosting Features Included with Your Account to Send Emails to Potential Customers
Many of us receive these types of emails on a daily basis. Our inbox is clogged with emails that try to sell us items and encourage us to click a link. But at times, there is a certain email that catches our attention. It looks professionally done, is short and concise, gets straight to the point and most importantly, it makes us want to “click” the link and read more about the product or service being marketed.
Use Features Included with Your Green Web Hosting Account
There are numerous email marketing systems, one of the leaders is called “Constant Contact”. As your email marketing efforts grow and your needs accelerate, this is a good program to choose. But for many small businesses that are just launching, PHPlist is sufficient for sending email campaigns. And the best part is, PHPlist is included with your green web hosting account for free.
A leading professional marketer, Denise Hedges, recommends creating a “marketing train program,” in which the first part of the marketing is the “head” of the train that is made up of three cars:
- Active marketing. Programs that give you the opportunity to be front-and-center in your clients’ inbox is referred to as Active marketing. Active marketing provides products or services that are of interest to your target audience. For example, if you are a webmaster that offers marketing, your active marketing campaigns could include networking opportunities such as speaking engagements, quarterly business retreats, teaching classes, strategic relationship building for business owner associations. Active marketing gives business owners the opportunity to remain involved in their client’s circle of networking associates on an ongoing basis.
- Passive Marketing. A great resource for your target audience is Passive marketing because it includes little interaction but includes a wealth of knowledge for someone who is searching for information. A webmaster that offers design and marketing services, for example, could include information about books, website brochures and manuals in an email to potential design clients. These are reference materials that stay passive. The important part of passive marketing is becoming an expert in your industry so you stand out and take the leadership position. Build a following and engage your audience with a blog and professionally written, quality articles. Your green hosting accounts comes with blogging software. As you develop and build your company blog, you will engage readers and grow your traffic.
- Follow-up. This is the phase of your email marketing campaign that is often overlooked but can be one of the most important parts of the campaign. Following up with potential clients with a newsletter allows you to stay current with email recipients. Remind your target audience about your products and services and prompt them to click the link, visit your website and complete an online form or purchase your product.
Tips for Successful Email and Newsletter Campaigns
- We recommend providing up to five tips for readers to grow their businesses. Each tip should be simple and organized into strategies that are ready to use. Do not use too many explanations but instead leave it short and concise.
- Use real-world examples of these tips and how they can improve the readers’ business.
- Provide a call-to-action either to put into action your tips or provide further information for follow-up.
By providing effective email campaigns, you remind your clients or potential customers that your company’s commitment is there and it impresses them with your products and services. Take advantage of the tools and features offered with your website hosting plan. Your web host offers business tools that will help you become successful on the web, and the benefits of a professional website far out-weigh the time on which it is necessary to develop.