Have you ever wondered what you can do on a personal level to help prevent climate change? Have you ever wondered if there is something that one person can do to help? In some way, you might feel that there is not a lot one person can do. It may feel overwhelming and you do not know where to start. From everyday green living tips to helpful resources on fighting climate change, our blog articles are designed to help you make informed decisions. Hopefully, this will help provide opportunities that you can use to reduce your environmental footprint.
Prevent Climate Change
Small steps make a big difference on the path to living more sustainably.
Though you might feel like your lifestyle is insignificant compared to things like oil extraction or vehicle emissions, the choices we make in our day-to-day life play a major role in slowing climate change. This includes decisions about how we get around, what we eat, and how we live.
Here’s a list of 6 ways you can join in the fight to reduce our carbon footprint.
6 Tips to Help Prevent Climate Change
In your own little way, you can help to avoid climate change. Bring your eco-values to life every morning with our top six tips:
– Watch your water usage by turning off faucets when not in use. Take shorter showers. Avoid unnecessary water consumption.
– Help reduce greenhouse emissions by practicing regular recycling. Buy recycled goods and buy less. Buy in bulk to lessen packaging waste.
– Use less energy by turning off appliances when not in use. Switch to energy saving bulbs. Invest in energy saving appliances/objects.
– 1/3 of the world’s gas emissions are because of vehicles. Therefore, walk or ride public transportation. This helps to lessen gas emissions.
– Try using renewable energy from time-to-time by installing solar panels and generating your own energy. Use of solar-powered objects are good too.
– The little things make a difference. Plant trees. Buy local produce because this helps lessen your carbon footprint.
Whether you save our infographic on your desktop, share it with friends, or stick a copy on your fridge (PDF), this quick reference guide breaks down what you can do today to protect the planet for future generations.
Take Action – Go Green
But we also need policy movers and shakers to step up to the plate. We need more incentives for fuel efficient technologies. We also need legislation that bans toxic chemicals. Strategies to protect endangered species is also very important. Visit house.gov to find your state representative and send them a note, letter or email — anything to encourage them to protect our environment with their votes.