- Ecofriendly Green Living
- Green living and ecofriendly policies
- Improve ecofriendly policies and practice green living
- The stages of ecofriendly green living:
- Go green ecofriendly business stages:
- The final stage of a green living ecofriendly policy
- Jump-start a green living ecofriendly policy:
- Green living and ecofriendly environment
Ecofriendly Green Living
To begin with, the evidence is in and the findings are clear. Green living with an ecofriendly policy is good for business and for our Earth. Every business needs a go green ecofriendly strategy. Corporate America’s discussion of green policies and corporate policy has changed. In other words, the discussion is no longer if we need to adopt a green ecofriendly strategy. Now, the discussion is how to adopt a ecofriendly business policy. Driven by win-win success stories, the idea of a businesses ecofriendly policy has surged into the mainstream.
Green living and ecofriendly policies
For example, take General Electric. After years of legal battles over the cleanup of dioxin and other pollutants its factories had dumped into the Hudson and Housatonic Rivers, the brand suffered due to the resulting bad press. Then, Jeff Immelt took over, and things changed dramatically.
Next, the vast organization actually became a world leader on corporate environmental matters. GE Executives there no longer feel burdened by the environmental regulations. Rather, they see environmental issues as opportunities for competitive advantage and marketplace success. This response is becoming more common. A sustainability policy is good for business.
Improve ecofriendly policies and practice green living
More and more companies are finding that their customers and constituencies judge the overall quality of their brand based on their response and policies regarding the environment. Does your company participate in green charities? Does your company participate in recycling?
The stages of ecofriendly green living:
There are four stages of green living and an ecofriendly policy. In reality, all companies – both large and small – are somewhere in the four-stage process.
Go green ecofriendly business stages:
- Eco-resistance: This stage is recognized as hostility toward any regulations and the science behind environmental topics such as climate change.
- Eco-compliance: This stage is marked by acceptance of regulations and a commitment to meet legal requirements.
- Eco-efficiency: This stage focuses on lowering costs by cutting energy consumption and eliminating scrap and waste.
- Eco-advantage: The fourth stage is driven by efforts to innovate and to deliver processes, products, and services, which solve customer environmental problems.
It is crucial for any CEO to recognize where the company is along this cycle. Due to this, there are increased benefits at each phase. Companies who have reached the forth stage, Eco-advantage, for example, have discovered that efforts are affecting their brand and bottom line in positive ways. Further, your company can participate in an Earth Day celebration on April 22 of every year. A green living ecofriendly policy is good for business, and good for the Earth.
The final stage of a green living ecofriendly policy
As the owner of a web-based business, you have certain objectives, and because evidence shows that a strong eco-policy is beneficial to building a strong brand and a successful business, CEO’s are looking for ways to jump start their ecofriendly policies. There’s no one size-fits-all approach, but there is a strategy that should be helpful to any company in any industry.
Jump-start a green living ecofriendly policy:
- Think about the key environmental issues and impacts your business faces regarding the following:
- air pollution
- water pollution and availability
- greenhouse gas emissions
- energy use
- heavy metals
- resource impacts
- land use
- Look beyond environmental issues at social concerns, including:
- worker wages and benefits
- workplace diversity
- poverty and community development
- labor rights
- child labor
- human rights
- workplace safety
- health and nutrition.
- Focus on strategy risks and opportunities presented by environmental or social concerns
- Consider green web hosting for your business website. What is green web hosting?
Green living and ecofriendly environment
If your company is industry specific, use the jargon of your industry when developing an ecofriendly go green policy. The plain truth may be a little painful when you weigh the amount of time, energy and capital you’ve laid out to build your on-line web business. However, it is true. Most importantly, customers and potential clients do not care about when you adopted an eco-policy. They simply care what your eco-policy is.
So, remember that it is never too late to capitalize with a go green ecofriendly policy. As with any new policy implementation, there are challenges that can be overcome .
Brand success follows organically and you’ve got a powerful business presence – when you put your ecofriendly policy first and make it a top priority.