- Traveling and Green Business Choices
- Event websites
- Corporate events
- Traveling for business
- “Green-Rating System” in the Travel Industry
- Green Environmental Programs
- Green technology — show you care about the Earth
- But what good is green technology if you don’t utilize green technology at every level?
- The Unlimited Benefits of Green Web Hosting
- We care about the Earth; we care about you; we care about your business.
Traveling and Green Business Choices
Companies worldwide utilize traveling as a means of gathering corporate employees and holding communication and education seminars. By holding seminars, companies are able to plan a mastermind round table of business leaders, executives within the company and industry. These types of events are helpful for teaching classes, launching new product lines or building company cohesiveness. Some companies go so far as to utilize green travel for corporate events.
There are many different types of web sites that are used for company projects. In fact, many companies go so far as to setup an event website for the program. Event sites, also referred to as specialty sites, are a simple way to explain the event. An event site is similar to a speciality website and is as important as a personal website. A specialty website can provide all pertinent event information (venue, address, telephone number), a contact email and links to booking sites. Both transportation and accommodations close to the event site can be listed on the website. Event sites can help a travel coordinator track attendees.
By using the site as the email client in exchanges with prospective attendees, it is easier to remain organized. On the event site all registration fees, hotel/motel fees and any other costs associated with the event can be posted. This makes it easier to register, handle the accommodations which in-turn leads to a better response to the event.
How does a company hold corporate events and meetings while remaining “green“? The green options are vast and the benefits exponential. In fact, many corporations choose green charities for their “giving back” programs.
By joining the other 25 million companies that utilize green technology in their business model, your company shows the word that the corporate culture cares about the Earth. Now, going “green” may not be your first consideration when choosing a corporate function destination – but by going “green” your company shows its level of responsibility in every aspect of its corporate culture, including travel.
You’re thinking about taking that leap of faith and moving your business towards utilizing “green” products in its business model. So how does a company do both while remaining “green”? There are many greener business travel options that are very economical. Hybrid cars are among the most obvious of solutions. Another obvious yet most importantly, ethical practice for a business to follow is the implementation of green office policies. In a nut-shell, a green office is one that is planned to remain competitive by employing the latest and greatest technology while recycling old equipment.
Traveling for business
One solution is Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd. RCL’s commitment to the environment is embodied in their “Save the Waves” program — their company wide philosophy that guides their ongoing efforts to:
- minimize the environmental footprint
- increase support for conservation
- set a new standard in the travel industry.
“Green-Rating System” in the Travel Industry
Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd. (RCL) has implemented a “green rating system” which guides the company in analyzing and removing chemical products that present an environmental concern from shipboard use.
Green Environmental Programs
Led by their Environmental Stewardship Department, Royal Caribbean puts these ideas into practice through their corporate environmental policy.
- Energy efficient technology on ships will reduce energy and air emissions. For example their new ship, the Oasis of the Seas, is the largest cruise ship in the world and is projected to emit 30-40 percent less carbon dioxide (CO2) per person per day.
- The company manages their water and wastewater in such a way that the company continually seeks ways to reduce the consumption of fresh water. This method of using water on board their ships through the innovation of water-saving technology and procedures conserves and protects water quality.
- The company manages waster and chemical emissions too. The company does not discharge solid waste or chemicals into the ocean. In 2009, the company recycled and reused more than 14 million pounds of materials.
- Conservation, destinations, and education – Royal Caribbean does its part by making investments in marine conversation, education and innovative technologies through their “Ocean Fund” which awarded over $400,000 to various marine conservation organizations in 2009.
- The company practices community involvement and the company’s goal is to enhance the well being of the communities. This is done by encouraging volunteerism, fulfilling wishes of children, and offering scholarships. Even if your company does not have the resources for volunteering, website philanthropy can be an excellent alternative. Most importantly, the company defines a major goal of its corporate culture as helping to protect the world’s oceans.
Green technology — show you care about the Earth
By utilizing “green” corporate travel, companies show the world that they care about the Earth. And by utilizing green IT and green technology in every aspect of the business culture, companies show clients and stockholders that the company never stops caring. Once clients become customers, they will have a higher level of loyalty if the corporate culture that your company portrays shows a level of “green” and environmental responsibility.
But what good is green technology if you don’t utilize green technology at every level?
Green Host It, an Austin, Texas web hosting firm was founded on the principles of “green” eco-friendly, responsible web hosting. At GreenHostIt, green web hosting is offered — top down, front to back. Our green web hosting provides true “green” features by hosting the web servers in a “green” data center that was built from the ground up to be more energy efficient and reduce the carbon footprint of a web site.
By moving a company or personal web site to a green data center, webmasters find that the benefits of “going green” with the company’s web not only displays a level of responsibility, it offers benefits that traditional web hosts do not offer.
The Unlimited Benefits of Green Web Hosting
In addition to the latest in power generation, Green Host It delivers multiple, redundant layers of security.
- The energy consumed by hosting companies doubled in just five years. And with the addition of Web 2.0 features like cloud computing and other interactive website functions, the amount of energy consumed by web hosts is only going to increase as 6,000 new sites launch each day. There are ways that a small business can conserve while making life much more pleasurable for employees. By implementing telecommuting with the use of small business VoIP , companies can increase employee retention. A happy employee is more effective and productive.
- Now, a lot of web hosts claim to offer green tech, but the fact is, these “so-called” green hosts simply purchase renewable energy credits (REC) while employing the same 20-year-old technology that gramps used back in the day. One notable Texas web host employs renewable energy rather than traditional coal-fired electricity. At GreenHostIt, we take website hosting into a new era of truly going green business opportunities for small business without breaking the bank.
- GreenHostIt employs high-efficiency cooling power technologies designed to deliver reliability while shrinking our carbon footprint. No other hosting service delivers green, turbine-powered technology like Green Host It.
- GreenHostIt employs Turbine Air Systems to keep client servers cool at the 86,000 square foot facility.