Setup Joomla on Your Hosting Account
Included with every web hosting plan. Installed with one click. Already have Joomla installed somewhere else? Coming from Joomla.com? We’ll transfer your Joomla website to our hosting for free. After you establish your web hosting account, you will receive a “New Account Information” email with details on how to access your cPanel control panel.
How to Get Started with Joomla
- Login to your cPanel control panel.
- Scroll down to the “Software/Services” section.
- Click the “Joomla” icon to install.
- Joomla is very powerful.
- Joomla is an award-winning content management system (CMS) that enables you to build web sites and powerful online applications.
- Joomla offers an increased ability to customize web sites to fit particular needs of virtually any kind of online business.
- With Joomla, there’s a core program, templates and thousands of features, called extensions. Joomla extensions are the equivalent of WordPress plugins. They’re pre-programmed features divided into three main groups based on functionality: modules, plugins and components.
- If you’re new to site building, Joomla has a very simple, user-friendly, intuitive interface that simplifies site construction. However, Joomla, itself, doesn’t offer themes and templates, though these are available from independent programmers, usually at a small cost.
- As a content management system, Joomla handles text using a WYSIWYG editor that makes uploading a breeze so, if you envision a web site with a lot of text, or text that changes frequently, Joomla’s text management system is something you’ll appreciate when there’s other work to be done.
- We deliver the most personal customer services in the industry, with highly trained and expert support staff ready to answer every customer question and need.
- Your Hosting support team is comprised of industry professionals who work directly with you to create and manage your solution—our most senior experts, the best and the brightest professionals in the business.
- We provide step-by-step video instruction on everything thing you need to get started with Joomla—including tips, basic website setup all the way to more complex configuration options.
Watch the video tour (6:02)
You may already have a website on Joomla so you may be familiar with Joomla Templates and other features. Joomla is a CMS (content management system) that many site builders use to create web sites in much the same way you (and thousands of others) build a blog.
Joomla is easy to install. In fact, sync up occurs on download so you’re ready to roll as soon as you click the “Finish” button. This is a big plus if time is a critical factor in the launch of your site. Joomla developers offer numerous Templates, or templates, to simplify site creation. But unlike straight-up template sites, Joomla developers have created more than 15,000 plugins – pre-programmed features, like an email module or an easy-to-use checkout, to simplify the sales and purchase processes. Of the big three CMS’s (Content Management Systems – WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal), Joomla is not as easy to learn as WordPress, but it’s extremely flexible and a real time-saver with large websites. See what our Joomla web hosting can do for your business.
The GreenHostIt network provides all customers with over 2,000 Gbps of connectivity between our data centers and 16 points of presence (PoPs). The GreenHostIt data center devices come with a default throughput of 100 Mbps on both public and private networks.
Easy Template Install
- Log in to the Joomla Dashboard at https://www.yourdomain.com/administrator/
- Select the Extensions link at the top.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Template Manager.
- To activate the Template click the Default link in order to make your Template active.
- Our Joomla Hosting exceeds the minimum requirements.
- Latest Versions of Apache, MySQL, & PHP
- Installs the newest Joomla Version
- PHP runs as CloudLinux for increased Joomla security.
- Joomla is included for free with our web hosting accounts.
We offer a multi-level approach for shielding Joomla against physical and electronic threats. Our security procedures utilize industry best practices from sources including The Center for Internet Security (CIS), Microsoft, and Red Hat and more. The data center facility is SSAE16 certified.
Content management system (CMS)
A content management system is software that keeps track of every piece of content on your Web site, much like your local public library keeps track of books and stores them. Content can be simple text, photos, music, video, documents, or just about anything you can think of. A major advantage of Joomla hosting is that it requires almost no technical skill or knowledge to manage. Since the CMS manages all your content, you don’t have to.
Examples of Joomla
Joomla Hosting is used all over the world to power Web sites of all shapes and sizes. Examples of Joomla uses include:
- Corporate Web sites or portals
- Corporate intranets and extranets
- Online magazines, newspapers, and publications
- E-commerce and online reservations
- Government applications
- Small business Web sites
- Non-profit and organizational Web sites
- Community-based portals
- School and church Web sites
- Personal or family homepages