How-to Setup a Successful Content Marketing Campaign
For those business owners who are lucky enough to attend WordCamp or Search Engine Strategies conferences, you will see a common trend of excitement. Marketers are very passionate about content marketing. Everywhere we go in the web business scape is talking about the vast opportunities with content marketing.
Cold Calling does not work.
It’s a short term act of desperation and not a viable model for building a sustainable long-term, profitable business.
Advantages of content marketing for business:
- It positions your business as an expert in your field
- Generates leads and sales
- Awesome for putting together strategic partnerships with other partners to help promote each other
- Compelling content adds real value to your business website
What is content marketing?
The key to successful content marketing is producing good, quality, relevant and original content on a consistent basis. If you are not currently producing quality content on a consistent basis, then you will find this article helpful because we will explain to you how to get started with a successful content marketing campaign that will build value for your website and differentiate yourself from the pack.
Writing good, compelling content to attract people to your business and move them through their objections and get them to become a paying customer is an awesome reason to start a content marketing campaign. We will provide you with a system to put in place which will not only help you to get a successful content marketing campaign started, but also one that will save you time. Most people don’t participate in content marketing because they think it takes too much time. This system will get you over the road-blocks and get you creating content fast, good content fast and the opportunity will present to your business .
How is it different than traditional marketing?
Marketing and advertising can be expensive. Content marketing, on the other hand, is considered to be a better investment than advertising with pay-per-click, for example, because the long-term effects of content creation is more effective than paid advertising.
How can you attract the right type of content to our business?
Content is a positioning exercise. And let’s face it… cold calling sucks. It’s awkward, desperate and not fun. It is unnecessary. You do not need to do cold-calling to generate inbound leads into your business.
What type of content can you use?
Blog posts, podcasts, interviews, training videos, case studies, white papers and e-books. Content used for marketing is anything you can watch, read, or listen to.
How to product compelling content efficiently and effectively without being overwhelmed: stop cold-calling.
Content marketing that people want and will engage with. Content that will move people closer to your business, overcome their objections and position you as a trusted source of information. It will attract the right people to your business and move them through the sales funnel.
Do you publish content on a regular and consistent basis?
It requires effort and thought. It requires a system and a process that you can follow.
If you are not creating content on a consistent basis… why? Is it because you do not have any ideas or is it because you do not have enough time? The majority of people say they have ideas for content, but that they do not have enough time to create the content and publish it. So, this system will help you get pass that hurdle.
The recipe for effective, compelling content that is not boring.
Good content will answer this question: “What do I get and how easy can I get it?”. In other words, “what’s in it for me and how quickly can I get it?”. When people are digesting your content, they are investing time so you better be sure that this investment pays off to your audience.
The 3 Points of Content Creating Blueprint:
Your answers to common questions that you get asked. Without knowing it, you are generating headlines every day. Every e-mail you send to a client, every telephone conversation you have, every time you talk about an idea with a colleague or client, you are generating headlines. Chances are you are not capturing these headlines. So, whenever you have an idea for a headline, capture it in Evernote. It works across all devices so it is convenient and you can capture your headlines while on the go. With your headline database, you will have content available for publishing in the future. An idea that is not parked will be forgotten. With Evernote (https://evernote.com) your team will have better meetings, your team will be smarter and more organized, and your content will be more rich.
- the promise of what is possible
- the problem (articulate it in good words)
- myth busting is a great positioning exercise (for example, in order to create content you need to take a copyrighting course. Well, I am here to tell you that this myth is rubbish. This positions you as someone who knows a lot about this topic.) This is what content is all about – getting the audience to read the next paragraph.
- the method
- do’s and don’ts (rookie mistakes: list the rookie mistakes and success secrets or power tips)
- next steps (for example, give the audience something to do so while they are doing it, they will be thinking about you. If your content does not give the reader or listener something to do, then your content is “passive” content. You want your content to be “active” content so that it will be more compelling and cause the audience to be engaged. Always provide a call-to-action at the end of every content you produce. This will re-enforce what the audience has learned.
3. Publishing schedule
– Set a schedule time to create content. For example, every Tuesday at 10:00 am, you can sit down and because you already have the headlines, you are not looking at a blank screen. Consistency of behavior breeds trust for your brand and your customer service. Behave in a consistent way. It takes time to build trust and a nanosecond to lose trust.
– Editorial calendar: a free WordPress plug-in that schedule your blog posts. It’s easy and free. Just click on the calendar to schedule a blog post.
How will my life be better as a result of the time this will cost me? You will learn how to increase incoming leads from your website.
Resources you will need to complete this Blueprint:
- Editorial Calendar plug-in
- Content template – pages document that you can create with six headings, then just duplicate it for each post. The first time you create a template, add the template in WordPress as a draft post. Then each time you need to create more content you can duplicate your draft then fill in the blanks, remove the default headings with your custom headings and, of course, season to taste.
You have blueprints and templates to keep you creating content consistently. Now you have blueprints and templates, so get writing!