- 1 From local to global with Video Marketing YouTube
- 2 Achieving your Most Desired Action with Video Marketing YouTube
- 3 Video Marketing for Business
- 4 The Evolution of Video Marketing YouTube
- 5 Video marketing YouTube and Television
- 6 YouTube Video Marketing and Mobile Uptakes
- 7 How to create a successful video marketing YouTube Channel
- 8 What Is The Introduction to your YouTube Video?
- 9 Default thumbnail or custom?
- 10 Customize a template
- 11 How to enable the option for a custom thumbnail
- 12 Sharing videos to build an audience
- 13 The YouTube Search algorithm
- 14 Best YouTube Analysis Tool
- 15 Strategy for your Video Marketing YouTube Project
- 16 The Hedgehog concept is the overlap of three things:
- 17 Business owners: think about these 3 questions:
- 18 Questions to Consider Before Finalizing your Video Marketing YouTube Strategy:
- 19 Results of YouTube Marketing:
- 20 Subscribers and Video Views
- 21 How to dramatically increase engagement
- 22 YouTube Most Important Tip
- 23 Best strategy for Video Production
- 24 The Introduction of your Videos
- 25 Competing for your Audiences’ Attention
- 26 Custom thumbnails
- 27 These 2 things combined will help you to get an increase of attention from people on YouTube.
- 28 Your Video Marketing YouTube Projects Can be Used to Announce Special Events
- 29 Web Hosting Tools to Achieve Increased MDA
- 30 Automate MDA with Web Hosting Tools and Video Marketing
From local to global with Video Marketing YouTube
Take a business from local to global with a website, your favorite web hosting firm, and video marketing YouTube. It can be done by leveraging Video marketing and YouTube efficiently.
Achieving your Most Desired Action with Video Marketing YouTube
You are a business person. You have a website installed with your favorite web hosting firm. Basically, you have put up a website to sell, inform, engage or persuade people to complete your MDA. What is MDA, you ask? MDA is the “most desired action”. For a business owner, this is usually something such as getting more visitors to your website or blog and having those people complete the MDA of checking out at your shopping cart, or completing an opt-in form to subscribe to your newsletter, even calling a telephone number can be a MDA.
This article is helpful for business owners who want to use real strategies in order to increase their audience and website visitors. Video marketing YouTube is the most bang-for-your-buck in terms of online marketing.
Video Marketing for Business
Blogs and YouTube channels combined can be a powerful tool for business owners. This is one of the reasons why you should consider YouTube for your business. The timing is excellent because YouTube has evolved into a massive business tool for people around the globe who are looking for professional information. Beforehand, it was difficult for YouTube to be used for marketing a business. Finally, however, video marketing YouTube has evolved such that business owners now recognize the opportunity that YouTube presents.
With over one billion unique users to the site and over 6 billion hours of video watched on YouTube every month, video marketing provides the ultimate opportunity for business owners looking to increase exposure globally. Almost an hour of video exists on YouTube for every person on earth, which illustrates a whopping 50% increase since the previous year. It’s staggering. There are one hundred hours of video uploaded to YouTube every single minute. According to Nielson, YouTube reaches more U.S. adults aged between 18-34 than any cable network. If you are in business and you hear those type of stats, it blows your mind. If you are not using YouTube as a place to be and interact with, you are missing out on an enormous audience for your business. It is an amazing tool to connect with people for your business.
The Evolution of Video Marketing YouTube
There is certainly space for business owners on YouTube. Eight out of ten videos that have gone viral were professionally produced by someone who knew what they were doing. This is a real tell-tale that the game plan has changed on YouTube. Plus the demographics of people and age groups is staggering. It is very interesting to look at the demographics and stats on your Video marketing YouTube channel because you will see that the biggest spike is an audience between the age of 35-55 year old age group. That is a tell tale sign because that audience is not people looking for baby videos or funny cat videos, these are people looking for real information. They are professionals. In a way, there is still a lot of space on YouTube for niches to be developed.
Business owners are learning that there is a lot of opportunity to get a ton of exposure for your business. Create your content and get in YouTube so you will be well-positioned as YouTube’s growth continues. We are still in the beginning of the big wave of YouTube. We are still at the start of the game of YouTube. Over sixty percent of marketers want to learn more about and plan on increasing their activity and exposure in video marketing on YouTube. This is a huge number of marketers.
Video marketing YouTube and Television
We are at an influx ion point in the video niche. Consumers are now beginning to accept these alternative mediums, meaning video marketing YouTube is replacing television for a marketing tool for business. It’s massive. Seventy percent of visits to YouTube are outside of the U.S. which means that you, as a business, have access to a world-wide audience which provides an incredible opportunity to go global and is very exciting.
There are few competitors to YouTube, but rather there are many collaborators. Each business has its own angle and its own personality, so if you as a business owner who uses YouTube for a marketing tool, your strategy needs to be carefully crafted to meet your business needs.
YouTube Video Marketing and Mobile Uptakes
Mobile views on YouTube are exploding. Mobile views of websites too are exploding. If you are a business using YouTube, you need to think about how you can include mobile viewers into your marketing mix. It is different when people watch a video on their desktop computer and on their mobile devise. Also, people are watching videos on their TV screens. So, mobile and the TV spice are two things that business owners need to be aware of for marketing.
How to create a successful video marketing YouTube Channel
- Explore video marketing YouTube channels of your competitors or others in your same industry
- Determine why you might want to consider having a presence on YouTube
- Determine what you need to know in order to be successful with your YouTube marketing campaign
What Is The Introduction to your YouTube Video?
The introduction to your YouTube channel’s videos is your chance to provide an attention grabber. Usually a two-second graphic introduction with the title of your show are good to use as the thumbnail for a video. Try and make a different thumbnail for each video.
Default thumbnail or custom?
Using others’ images is not recommended. You need to be careful that you do not get yourself into any licensing issues. You should not use an image that is licensed to others, but instead, a good method to accomplish an effective graphic illustration is to customize a template logo. And take the time to customize some type of graphic for every video. Many marketers are asking if their YouTube thumbnails should be the same on every video. It’s best if they are not the same on each video. The default thumbnail for every single video should be different. By spending time and effort on your channel, you are investing in your business and your long-term success.
Customize a template
A cost-effective way to create graphics is to get a nice template that is complementary to your business, and proceed to customize the words that should go into each template. Add some text by adding them to a graphic and add the graphic to the logo template. When working with a tight budget, this method is effective and inexpensive. A graphics designer can be expensive if multiple projects are required.
How to enable the option for a custom thumbnail
- To customize your thumbnail on YouTube, you need to enable monetization on your YouTube channel. Enable it for only one of your videos, if you want. Go to “Settings” -> “Features” and look for monetization.
- You must verify your YouTube account in order to have access to all the YouTube channel features.
- The next step is to go into the video manager in YouTube, click on any of your videos, then you will see the option to upload a custom thumbnail. Now you can upload a custom thumbnail or Avatar.
Let’s think about who owns YouTube. Google does. Surprised? So, what’s the connection you say. Well, Google is smart. Google wants to propagate YouTube videos in the Google search results. Use Google to optimize your YouTube videos and the number of views for your videos should grow substantially.
The YouTube Search algorithm
- Now, there is a whole range of things that YouTube looks at when ranking your videos” the engagement with your videos (most important factor) such as comments, likes, social media.
- YouTube looks at the number of subscribers.
- Number of views for the video
Best YouTube Analysis Tool
FeedIQ.com offers a tool that allows you to “look” at the details of a video that has gone viral. It helps for you to understand what exactly is going on with that that video and what might have caused it to go viral.
A Chrome extension VidIQ is a Plug-in or extension that after you have installed it, whenever you are watching a video on YouTube, it tells you a lot of the behind-the scenes things that are going on with that video. To find it Google “VidIQ Chrome Extension”
It shows these behind the scenes statistics:
- Keywords used (what are your competitors doing?)
- Tweets on Twitter
- Facebook likes
Strategy for your Video Marketing YouTube Project
A lot of people go about it in the wrong way. They think that it is all about getting the views. But rather, you need to take a few steps back and make sure you start on the right foot. The place to start is something called “the Hedgehog Concept”. The Hedgehog Concept is a metaphor. The Hedgehog is an animal that does really well when attacked. The Fox tries to attack the Hedgehog and the Hedgehog rolls into a ball and the Fox can not get to him. The Fox tries to attach from the top and, once again, the Hedgehog rolls into a ball and the Fox can not get to him. The theme of the story is that the Fox can not get the Hedgehog because the Fox never gets really good at just one thing.
There are two kinds of businesses:
- Hedgehogs or
You want to ask yourself what kind of business do you want to be? A Hedgehog or a Fox?
The Hedgehog concept is the overlap of three things:
- Area of passion (the ethos of your business)
- Area of skill (what can you become the best at it)
- How can you make money from it? (profit for x)
When these 3 things overlap in the middle, you have achieved the “Hedgehog” concept status.
Business owners: think about these 3 questions:
These 3 things overlap in the middle and that is the basis of the Hedgehog concept. Use this as a starting point when thinking about the next thing… who are you trying to target on YouTube. Are you trying to target your current audience, new business, who exactly are you trying to target.
Questions to Consider Before Finalizing your Video Marketing YouTube Strategy:
- The “who” is the first question. Who are you trying to target? This question is based on the Hedgehog concept. Once you have a good handle on that, you can advance to the second question. The target market.
- The second is what kind of problems do they have? What are the problems of your target market?
- How can you solve their problem with YouTube? Can you introduce your audience to the solution in a YouTube video? The topic of your videos should include the solution to their problems.
These three questions help you create a good video content marketing strategy which will set you up for long-term success. The effort you put into this is going to grow your business for the long-term. Post often and consistently. Regular YouTube videos that are short and to the point, for example, how to use hashtags on Facebook and how to monetize that traffic, is an example of short informational videos that can help a business.
Results of YouTube Marketing:
- Get exposure
- Building relationships
These two things go hand-in-hand and you can not do one without the other. From there after you have done these 2 things, you have the choice how you want to redirect that attention that you are getting from video marketing YouTube to your own blog articles, a special offer on your own website, whatever you are trying to achieve from your marketing strategy. And from there, you can begin to monetize the exposure that you have achieved from YouTube. Most web hosting providers offer tools that you can use to monetize your traffic. Examples include shopping carts, blogs, opt-in email contact forms, etc.
Subscribers and Video Views
Is there a direct correlation between the number of channel subscribers you have and video views? How old are your subscribers? This means how long ago did they subscribe. This is important because if they subscribed to your channel a long time ago, they may not be terribly engaged with your content. So even though you have an update, they may not necessarily access your YouTube channel. If you have a very engaging audience, on the other hand, you will have more views from your current subscribers.
- Direct correlation—the more subscribers your channel has, the more people who will see your video updates. These people will see your activity in their news feed so whenever you upload a video, your subscribers will see that in their news feed.
- Indirect correlation—the algorithm for ranking videos on YouTube looks at the number of subscribers when deciding if your content is relevant or not. For example, if there are two videos on YouTube on the exact same topic and you have two hundred thousand subscribers, while the other person only has two hundred subscribers, your video will rank higher in YouTube’s search results.
In the past, videos were ranked based on the number of views they received. People, however, caught on to that and manipulated the views, meaning that people would generate “fake views”. This is why YouTube changed their algorithm and devised a more complex one.
How to dramatically increase engagement
At the same time viewers subscribe to your YouTube channel, also try and get them to subscribe to your email newsletter. So, this way, anytime you upload a new video you can send out a newsletter informing them that you have a new video.
YouTube Most Important Tip
Super high engagement is very, very important due to the evolution of YouTube. It comes from social sharing, and how active people are that watch your video as well as how long they watch your video. This is an extremely important matrix that YouTube looks at when ranking your video on the YouTube search engine.
Best strategy for Video Production
Because of the evolution of YouTube, it is very very important to have high engagement with comments, shares, etc. But it also comes from how many people watch your video and more importantly, how long they watch your video. So when you keep that in mind when creating content you need to ask yourself , “How can I make this more engaging”? If you are only going to have educational content with only slides or screenshots, then your chance of losing people is higher than if you had, for example, a talking head video combined with showing people what is happening on the screen. Get your face in your videos. This is a key thing in engaging people with video. Viewers like to see a real person in the videos that they spend time watching.
Your chance of losing people will be higher if you only have screenshots in your videos. Combine a talking head with showing things that work on the screen. This increases engagement. Screen white boards work very well too. KhanAcademy.com is a good example where he purely draws stuff on a white screen or white screen and it is very engaging.
The Introduction of your Videos
The first few seconds of your video are the most important part of the video in terms of getting people engaged. This is called the Z Factor. Whenever you suspend your content that you are teaching your students, you can suspend until later, and this makes for more engagement. This principal is used in a number of other activities. Getting this effect happening is about creating intrigue and mystery. Creating an open loop is important in creating mystery and intrigue. The open look keeps people watching your video and keeping them engaged. It is important to grab people at the very beginning of your video. It is similar to a “teaser”.
Competing for your Audiences’ Attention
There are so many people on YouTube and there are many content creators that you are competing against for people’s attention. But you are also competing against Skype, email, other YouTube videos, the phone, family, colleagues. Everything is a distraction, so just saying what is coming up in the video is good, but you also can introduce what is called an “interrupt”. The point of it is that it is just “different”. Audio transitions are an example. Words or just doing something strange are another example of an interrupt. Flipping on your sun glasses immediately is strange and it kind of wakes people up so when you combine that with creating intrigue and mystery at the beginning of your video, this formula creates engagement.
Custom thumbnails are important to stand out among other videos. They way people scan is by looking at the image. Yes, they look at the text, but they look at the thumbnail. Whenever your video gets shows in the search results in YouTube, your thumbnail is what is displayed.
- Visually attractive thumbnail—bright colors, a face, colorful graphic—attracts people’s eyes to that image
- Have some text on the thumbnail. It can be just the title of the video but it needs to be compelling text to encourage people to click and watch the video
These 2 things combined will help you to get an increase of attention from people on YouTube.
- Size of Custom Thumbnail—If you have access to a graphic designer, create a custom thumbnail 1280 x 720 pixels. That is a good size for HD (high definition). This size is big enough to provide a clear and crisp look and feel. The 16:9 ratio is the most common aspect ratio for televisions and computer monitors. 16:9 ratio is accomplished with thumbnails that are 1280 x 720 in size.
- Call-to-Action on Videos—It allows you to select any of your videos on YouTube channel and give it a display on the left bottom and it shows up on all your videos on your entire channel.
Your Video Marketing YouTube Projects Can be Used to Announce Special Events
If you are running an event, you will want to let everyone who is watching your videos on YouTube video be aware of it. One way to do this is to include a “call to action” on every video. This can be done with this feature. Or if you want to send people to a specific video. You can change it instantly too. Go to channel settings inside YouTube, look for “in video programming” from there look for the featured video. You can add your logo or a “featured video”. From there you can select when you want this little video to appear—at the end or at the end. It’s important to include your face and your logo on the featured video that you embed on all your other videos. You can sell this space for advertising. Just make sure it goes with the YouTube guidelines.
This is a way to draw your audience to your website so that you can increase the likelihood of your audience completing your MDA (most desired action). The MDA on a website can be, for example, purchasing things at the shopping cart, completing the opt-in to a newsletter, calling a phone number, or other things.
Web Hosting Tools to Achieve Increased MDA
Once you have increased exposure to your website then it is up to you, the business owner, to decide what to do with your increased exposure. Many web hosting accounts include tools that you can use to take your increased exposure to a higher level. Tools professional web hosts offer include advertising tools, CMS, blogs, games, guest books, E-commerce, mail, music video, project tools, educational, forums, gallery, social, support, wikis, can help you to take the increase in audience and channel it to your MDA (most desired action) at your website or blog.
Automate MDA with Web Hosting Tools and Video Marketing
Creating content, going through the Hedgehog concept and the entire system of creating a website or blog for your business, then using video marketing YouTube to increase your audience and focusing on channeling those viewers to your MDA make for an effective business strategy.
Your web hosting provider can even provide tools that help you to achieve these ultimate actions in an automated way. Your web host can provide anything from advertising tools, opt-in forms, blogs, forums, social tools, support and more. With the help of your web hosting firm, and a solid, well-planned strategy, you can increase engagement and viewers, which ultimately will result in more people completing your MDA (most desired action) on your blog or website, resulting in higher revenue for your business.