Viral Video Marketing
How can you propel a video viral? The first thing a brand should do is identify the goals. Who are they trying to reach? Which route does the brand want to take? Really it’s important to know what route the brand wants to take. For example, look at the most recent Superbowl. The two most shared ads from the last Superbowl stayed away from shock and hilarity. The number one shared ad evoked feelings of warmth, happiness, even sadness which intensified the happiness. It is all about emotions. Getting to someone’s emotions is important. You need to make the viewer feel something and feel something strongly and then want to share. So positivity is a factor as well.
What makes a video go viral?
There are hundreds of factors involved in viral video launch, but the two most important are:
- psychological response – the viewer needs to “feel” something and the more intense that feeling, the more likely it will be shared.
- social motivation – There are 25 key psychological responses and social motivations, so Once a brand succeeds in making a viewer think that the video is hilarious or shocking or exhilarating or any of these emotional feelings, then they need to make sure that the viewer is inspired to share.
For example, you might share a video if it pertains to your real life. If you were going to see a movie after the show you might share a trailer, or if you find a video interesting based on your shared interests or there is a cause that you want to support and help so you might share the video.
Is viral about shock value?
There are two key triggers: hilarity and shock. There are no major events such as elections or the Olympics so brands are creating their own drama right now and that is a trend we are seeing right now in marketing. This is a huge new advertising potential for brands that a lot do not know how to use right now. Shock is a trigger and if it is too extreme, the video could get pulled. If the brands go with a more positive association it is safer and less likely to be pulled.
It is a slippery slope, shock is one of the triggers, so there are many other ways to get through in the competitive, crowded space.
How can your web hosting provider help your video go viral?
Video applications that make it easy to share, promote, and market your video to the Internet using social media. The top web hosting providers will offer free apps to help propel your video into the social medial landscape.
Web Hosting Video Apps:
- ClipBucket is an open source and free script that will let you start your own Video Sharing(Youtube Clone) website in matter of minutes, ClipBucket is fastest growing script with most video sharing websites and social networking features.
- VidiScript packed with features you can only find on major media sharing communities such as YouTube, Meta Cafe and Break, VidiScript is the most powerful FREE open source video sharing community script available online today!
- videoDB is a web application to manage a personal video collection. Multiple video types are supported, ranging from VHS tapes and DVDs to Blu-ray discs and DivX files on hard-disc. Even video games are supported. VideoDB allows you to effortlessly maintain and manage your collection by features fetching of movie data and covers from various information sourced, including Internet Movie Database (IMDB), Amazon, Allocine, DVDInside, DVDPlace, Google, OFDB, DVDB and tv.com. External data like cover images or actor thumbnails is locally cached in videoDB and readily available in your database.
- Prismotube Express is the free basic version of Prismotube without all the bells and whistles. It is a video script that is based on the Youtube API that allows you to build a video site on any topic in record time. All you need is a couple of keywords. Prismotube Express comes with in-built smart video script with a unique AutoSmart Content and Auto-Refrez technology.
- CumulusClips | Free Video Sharing CMS, Video Sharing Script, Video Sharing Software, YouTube Clone. Start your own video sharing website with CumulusClips video sharing script. It’s free and easy to use. You can build a YouTube clone where users can upload videos, rate videos, comment on videos, and much more. CumulusClips video sharing script produces video compatible on iOS & Android mobile devices, as well as all the major browsers. These include: Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera, IE7+. Your videos are sure to reach the widest audience possible!
Trends in Viral Video Marketing
There are two key triggers: hilarity and shock. There are no major events such as elections or the Olympics so brands are creating their own drama right now and that is a trend we are seeing right now in marketing. This is a huge new advertising potential for brands that a lot do not know how to use right now. If the shock value of your video is too extreme, it can be pulled. A more positive video is safer and less likely to be pulled.
It is a slippery slope, shock is one of the triggers, so there are many other ways to get through in the competitive, crowded space. Video marketing can make the difference between your business spending literally thousands on advertising to get the word out about your website, or not. In today’s crowded Internet space, it is imperative that your business stand out among your competitors and one way to do this effectively is through video marketing.