- 1 Steps to Website Content Marketing
- 2 Marketing on a Budget
- 3 Website Content Marketing
- 4 Content Generation
- 5 Tips for Website Content Marketing
- 6 Get Sharply Focused
- 7 Hire a Managing Editor
- 8 Build a Content Creation Community
- 9 Ideas for website content marketing
- 10 Product Distribution
- 11 Audience Development
- 12 Conversion and Nurturing
- 13 Measure and Optimize
- 14 Build your own content
- 15 Infographic design for website content marketing
- 16 Keep your site current
- 17 Fresh Website Content Marketing
Steps to Website Content Marketing
Website Content Marketing is the creation and publication of quality, original content for the purpose of generating leads, building a brand and enhancing visibility online. Content marketing can take the shape of blog posts, case studies, white papers, videos and photos.
Marketers have employed content marketing as a strategy for marketing their web site more often than search engine optimization (SEO). Indeed, content marketing enhances SEO efforts, by putting the company’s subject matter expertise on display. Researchers found that eighty-two percent of B2B marketers now employ content marketing as a strategy in their marketing programs.
Coming in at a distant second place is search engine marketing at seventy percent, followed by events at sixty-eight percent, public relations at sixty-four percent and print/TV/radio advertising at thirty-two percent.
Marketing on a Budget
Website Content Marketing has become one of the most popular and economical way to promote a company online. Content for marketing is often referred to as the great equalizer. The content definition is important because it is the glue that makes a website sticky. With the Internet, small business owners and website owners can grow their visitor base by using interesting, compelling, and well-written content that is posted consistently online, usually through WordPress. It’s true what people say about it. Content is king. Although your company might be on a strict budget, in order to compete in today’s digital world, you must invest in website content.
Website Content Marketing
Website content is marketing strategy that our firm has used on the blog and website hosting our company data. After all, a good content marketer is someone that writes well-written, original content for use online, whether it be on blog articles, e-books, videos, email campaigns or website posts. How do you get started?
For starters, follow our blueprint for content marketing and tame your blog! This type of marketing has fast becoming an industry that has grown into a necessity for website builders who wish to compete in the industry. With this marketing strategy, a website business owner can grow their following and organic search traffic.
We write about content marketing, WordPress hosting, the WordPress dashboard and in general and how to get involved and learn more about website content marketing to grow your online business and build a loyal army of followers.
Many times, hesitation for webmasters is the challenge of coming up with great blog content ideas. If you are looking for some good high-quality, blog content ideas, try posting lists.
What are the options for content generation for a business owner? Well, for starters, you can write the articles yourself. If sitting at the keyboard is not your favorite past-time, set up the voice to text option under the ‘Accessibilities’ link and talk it.
Another option – hire someone from the local paper or do something really nice and talk to the adviser of your town’s high school newspaper to find budding reporters who would enjoy seeing a by-line on your web site. Discuss your proposal with school newspaper’s faculty advisor and principal, or dean if necessary, before approaching a young student with your literary project.
Tips for Website Content Marketing
Get Sharply Focused
Zero in on one customer segment. Find your best buyers within that segment and do everything you can to understand them and the journey they are on. And as always, give your content meaning. Without having a sound content strategy in place, bloggers are flying blind with their content strategy.
Hire a Managing Editor
Every content marketing program needs a managing editor who has the skills necessary to develop a content strategy and manage your content creation and delivery processes. Another option for those on a strict budget, consider the DIY option and become your own content manager.
Build a Content Creation Community
Build real-life and virtual communities that help you extend your content marketing efforts far beyond the marketing team.
Ideas for website content marketing
What content are we going to produce now? Remember, the bulk of your content is going to be about your customers’ interests, not your own products. So the best way to generate ideas is to better understand your customers’ interests.
- Engage your Organization
- Social Listening
- Buyer Interviews
- Don’t screw up you content marketing
Marketing organization are not accustomed to the pace of content production required to truly be a publisher, and those who go into it poorly prepared can soon find themselves tangled in operational logistics.
Often there are many stakeholders involved: the ideas generator, the content creator, graphic designers, the Managing Editor, the SEO expert, the social media team, Legal and PR, external agencies, and marketing executives.
So your publishing content now! Your machine is up and running. Congratulations. However, building content is only half the task. The other half is getting visitors to that content, which is the Audience Development component of the Content Marketing Machine.
Audience Development breaks down into 4 major segments:
Conversion and Nurturing
As you produce great content, earn links to that content, and drive traffic to your website, your content marketing machine is really humming. At this stage, we focus on the final steps of the content marketing machine:
- Convert site visitors into leads
- Nurture leads into customers
Measure and Optimize
You begin your website content marketing machine with a blueprint, in the form of a content grid that laid out your plan for how to attract potential customers and move them through your funnel using content. This initial plan guides your creation and operation of your content marketing machine. What’s important is to have the structure in place to monitor how your machine is running, so that you can understand what is working, what’s not working, and ho you can improve.
Build your own content
Content marketing is fundamentally different than traditional marketing, i.e. advertising. in advertising, the marketer rents the attention of someone else’s audience: the marketer pays the media to be able to put the marketer’s message in front of the media’s audience.
So go build your content marketing machine. It takes time. But it will fill the top of your funnel and drive prospects down it with more success and less expensive than any marketing strategy you may have used before.
Infographic design for website content marketing
- A step-by-stop description on designing wildly beautiful infographics. We have constructed the entire design process into significantly smaller baby steps that will allow you to transform information into a clear, concise and stunning infographic.
- Pick your topic – Start by selecting the subject or content you want to design your infographic around. Keep your audience in mind, listen to them and try to cater your content towards them.
- Organize your Data – Pick the most relevant points for your audience. Dissect the basic structure of your content and pick those 4 or 5 key elements.
- Design the basic structure – Grab a price of paper and pen to start sketching your ideas. Don’t be afraid to make a mistake, you can always edit your work.
- Digitalize your wireframe – Use Piktochart’s easy to learn editor to translate your wireframes into a basic structure. It’s a great tool for first-time designers. We recommend you choose one of the templates rather than starting with a blank canvas.
- Fill in the blanks – Start filling up the blanks with points or data from step 2. Pick an image or graph that supports the information. Aim to use imagery to strengthen your point as an infographic is an extremely strong visual element and crucial to a strong content marketing campaign.
- Give your infographic a lift with a coat of paint – Pick a consistent style and a color scheme. Pick only 2 or 3 colors and use different shade variations. Give your viewers’ a chance to “rest” their eyes in-between sections. You can do this by keeping the color scheme consistent with the same shade variations throughout the infographic.
- Proofread – Give an additional thorough look at your design and content. A simple spelling mistake is all it takes to ruin an otherwise perfect and spotless infographic.
Keep your site current
Keep your site current. Change content at least twice a week. The more the better. In no time, search engine bots will recognize your new content in under an hour and you can build more SERPs links with every post you make.
Market your content, provide quality content, and work closely with the best article directories who can get your content out to other webmasters who will use that content on their own sites.
Fresh Website Content Marketing
Yep, the W3 is a giant mill that consumes content by vast amounts daily. Keeping your site fresh, your content high-quality, will build your brand as well as your conversion