Table of Contents
- 1 Use WordPress or Joomla to Capitalize on Pinterest Marketing
- 1.1 Pinterest for Business
- 1.1.1 Web Hosting and Pinterest – a True Marketing Engine
- 18.104.22.168 An impressive case for Pinterest Marketing
- 22.214.171.124 Do I really need to be on another social network?
- 126.96.36.199.1 Six reasons why you need to be in Pinterest:
- 188.8.131.52.2 Largest social media networks:
- 184.108.40.206.3 Pinterest – a True Marketing Engine
- 220.127.116.11.4 Capitalize from Pinterest’s Growth
- 18.104.22.168.5 WordPress and Pinterest
- 22.214.171.124.6 Joomla and Pinterest
- 126.96.36.199.7 Web hosting and CMS
- 188.8.131.52.8 Pinterest and “Auto-Pilot” Marketing
- 184.108.40.206.9 Your web hosting provider can help.
- 1.1.1 Web Hosting and Pinterest – a True Marketing Engine
- 1.1 Pinterest for Business
Use WordPress or Joomla to Capitalize on Pinterest Marketing
Of all the websites in history, Pinterest has grown faster than any other—from 50,000 users to 17 million users in only nine months. With the right web hosting tools, a webmaster can utilize content management systems such as WordPress and Joomla to capitalize on the explosive pull that Pinterest marketing offers business marketers.
Pinterest for Business
For many e-commerce store owners who are active in Pinterest, they see in their Google Analytics that Pinterest is their largest source of referral traffic—more so than Facebook and Twitter. Pinterest has transformed eBay auctions and e-commerce sites around the globe and business owners who utilize Pinterest as their main social media network advertising report an increase in traffic and total revenue.
Web Hosting and Pinterest – a True Marketing Engine
In terms of incoming traffic and referral links for business owners, Pinterest has surpassed Facebook and YouTube. Facebook, for example provides fewer incoming links than Pinterest for business owners. The traffic that is coming from Pinterest is safer than what is coming from Facebook and YouTube for one reason: more in-bound links. The long-tail of Pinterest traffic means that the traffic coming from Pinterest is coming from so many more links than from Facebook or YouTube. There are safety in numbers and business owners who utilize Pinterest more than other social media networks are hedging their bets on Pinterest because an active involvement with an aggressive Pinterest marketing campaign results in a larger pool of inbound links to a company owner’s website when compared to Facebook or YouTube.
An impressive case for Pinterest Marketing
Why do business owners who are active on Pinterest, Facebook and YouTube see impressive numbers of in-bound links from Pinterest? The business model of Pinterest is unique to other social media networks. Pinterest shares are exponentially greater than any other social media network. So many people have been involved in creating links through Pinterest. Even if Pinterest wanted to shut down a company’s Pinterest profile, they would not be able to eliminate the traffic from their site to a business owners’ websites because so many people have been involved in creating the links to business owners’ site originating from Pinterest.
Isn’t Facebook, Twitter and YouTube good enough for my company? Pinterest is setting a new standard in social network marketing for business owners.
Six reasons why you need to be in Pinterest:
- Fastest growing website in the history of the Internet
- Pinterest is the fourth largest social network already and it is quickly on the rise. Facebook and YouTube are fairly static, although Twitter continues to grow. Twitter is still growing but not the extent as Pinterest. A lot of people haven’t even heard of Pinterest and Pinterest is growing faster than any other social network.
- Yahoo! Answers
A lot of people haven’t even heard about Pinterest, while Twitter, Facebook and YouTube have been in existence for a long time.
Pinterest – a True Marketing Engine
The numbers do not lie about the importance of Pinterest as a true marketing engine:
- Pinterest is retaining and engaging 2-3x as effectively as Twitter
- Pinterest is the 4th largest traffic driver worldwide (beating Yahoo organic search)
- Pinterest drives more sales than Facebook
- Your customers are just discovering Pinterest and your competition is most likely not even on Pinterest. So, you have an opportunity to be in it before your customers get involved in Pinterest and before your competition probably hasn’t gotten involved in it yet. It is the best time to be a part of it as it starts to scale rapidly.
- Pinterest provides more inbound links than any other social media network. It refers more traffic than Google+, LinkedIn and YouTube combined and ultimately that is what it is all about.
Pinterest’s founder, Ben Silberman, said Pinterest was designed to get people off of it and on to other people’s websites. It refers traffic to other websites because it was built to provide inbound links.
- It’s safer traffic than traffic from YouTube and Facebook. There is more traffic and more pipes coming from Pinterest, than there is from Facebook.
- Your customers, fans and prospects do most of the work on Pinterest. People “pin” things from your wall. Pin things onto Pinterest and your customers, fans and prospects are creating them. Pinterest is designed so that other people can pin your images and create inbound links for your website.
Capitalize from Pinterest’s Growth
If you setup your website or blog so that it is easy for your visitors to pin your content. Fans, followers or blog readers do the work and create links and traffic.
The two most commonly and widely used content management systems are WordPress and Joomla. Based on Google Insight, WordPress is the most commonly used CMS with Joomla running a close second. Drupal comes in third.
WordPress and Pinterest
WordPress has many options when it comes to making it easy for people to pin your content on Pinterest.
- ‘Pinterest Tab’ is a simple and straightforward plug-in that allows you to display your Pinterest page in a angle neat frame on any of your WordPress pages. You can also use Pinterest Tab to showcase your boards and pins inside a tab on your Facebook page.
- ‘Pinterest Pin It Button’ is a plug-in allows you to add a ‘Pin It’ button either above or blow the content that you post on your WordPress website or blog.
Joomla and Pinterest
Joomla offers fewer options for web masters to place a pin option on content to encourage Pinterest users to share content, but they do exist if you look
- ‘Pin It Any Image’ is a Joomla plug-in that allows you to place a ‘Pin It’ button anywhere in your Joomla articles so your users can easily pin any image on screen. Place the Pin It button anywhere you want.
- ‘Susnet Pinterest Sidebar’ lets you share your latest Pins with your website visitors, the simple but powerful Joomla module is easy to install and has a ton of options to help customise for your needs
Web hosting and CMS
Most web hosting providers offer WordPress and Joomla with their web hoisting plans. And if you lucky, you get click-to-install tools that make it easy to install these powerful content management systems.
Pinterest and “Auto-Pilot” Marketing
Let’s face it… Facebook and Twitter are labor-intensive. If you own a small business, the reality is that most social media networking projects may seem like a burden. But the good news is that Pinterest is more passively managed than other social media networks. This means that combined with the exponential benefit of Pinterest marketing, your marketing efforts with Pinterest go further. Not only do you get more bang for your buck with Pinterest by generating inbound links to your site, you have the added benefit of an “auto-pilot” marketing campaign.
Your web hosting provider can help.
Pinterest is the fourth largest social media network, the largest builder of inbound links, and the provides the highest amount of referral traffic of any other social media network. Plus, Pinterest is less labor-intensive than the other social media networks. For these reasons, we highly recommend small business owners start now in Pinterest and capitalize on the exponential marketing benefits for business owners who are reliant on inbound traffic to their website. With a web hosting provider that offers content management systems, a solid network and dedicated support staff with experience in web design, a small sized business can compete with their large competitors, even if the small business owner has a limited advertising budget.
UPDATE: Pinterest added “rel=nofollow” to the links on their site so that the links you acquire from Pinterest are not as valuable as they once were (for SEO purposes), but no doubt that the traffic to your website from Pinterest is still very valuable! It all depends on what you do with that traffic! In other words, use CTA (call-to-actions) wherever possible, without making your pages appear crowded.