- 1 Pinterest Marketing is Social, Visual and Easy
- 2 Your time is valuable so choose wisely
- 3 Pinterest’s rapid growth shows no signs of abating.
- 4 Why should I be on Pinterest?
- 5 Develop a clear marketing strategy
- 6 3 Steps to Gain More Pinterest Followers:
- 7 Step 1 – Add a Pinterest button or widget to your website.
- 8 Step 2 – Use Pinterest Search to find highly targeted followers.
- 9 Target and non-target screening strategies
- 10 There are two options to this step—Boards or Pinners.
- 11 Step 3 – Follow targeted followers
- 12 The pull of Pinterest
According to Reuters, over 70 of the world’s top 100 brands now have a Pinterest account. And hot on the heels of Pinterest’s growth to over 68 million users, is a flurry of business owners who are jumping into the Pinterest marketing arena. But before you take the leap, your web hosting provider is here to tell you how. It all starts with a plan. Here’s a very simple 3-step process to help you increase your Pinterest followers and streamline your Pinterest marketing efforts.
Your time is valuable so choose wisely
Choosing which strategies to pursue and which social media networks in which to invest your valuable time can determine a company’s success. The difference between the almost-right marketing strategy and the right marketing strategy is a large matter. When it comes to time spent, a business owner needs to dole out this valuable resource, only after careful consideration.
Pinterest’s rapid growth shows no signs of abating.
Keep a close eye on your Google Analytics. For most business owners, this can be a time consuming action. A time-saving tip is to use a content management system, such as WordPress and Joomla, to maintain your web content and incorporate Pinterest into your articles to increase followers, traffic, and ultimately sales.
Why should I be on Pinterest?
Each website is different. Each website has a different MDA (most desired action). But one thing remains the same… every website needs traffic. Every website needs traffic in order to achieve it’s MDA, whether it be sales, opt-in to a mailing list, completion of a ‘contact us’ form or survey, or something else.
Whatever your MDA is, whatever your business may be… one thing is without dispute. On the Internet, every business owner needs website traffic. So, what is the secret? What does a small business owner do in today’s competitive Internet?
Advertising is expensive and time is limited.
The quickest and some will say, inexpensive solution to achieve a constant flow of Internet traffic is social marketing. But there are so many social media networks these days. Business owners usually do not have time to participate in all of them. Participating in too many social networks can become a burden. So, choose one or two.
Choose the social network that produces the best results with the least hands-on time commitment. Choose Pinterest—the king of Internet traffic and the up-and-coming global sensation. So, get pinning.
Develop a clear marketing strategy
To gain more followers, you first need to follow others Pinterest users, but you need to do this strategically.
3 Steps to Gain More Pinterest Followers:
Here’s a whirlwind tour of the key steps to developing a well-oiled Pinterest marketing strategy.
Pinterest provides an easy to use tool to add a Pinterest button or widget to your website or blog. This tool makes it easy for you to incorporate a Pin It button with a widget or module for your WordPress or Joomla site.
Step 2 – Use Pinterest Search to find highly targeted followers.
Pinterest offers a a smooth, slick search tool that includes “auto-suggest”, making it very similar to Google search. Pinterest search is best illustrated with an example. Let’s say your company sells shoes. Head over to the search box on the top of the Pinterest website and type in the keyword ‘shoes’. You will be presented with a list of highly searched terms in your niche as well as some suggested boards.
Instead of typing a keyword into the search box and waiting forever for the results, Pinterest now provides alternative, highly searched terms that can help you narrow your search.
For time-starved pinners, there is also another bonus.
Have you ever tried searching for your own pins but don’t want to comb through hundreds of other peoples’ images? Now you can type in a keyword like shoes and Pinterest will offer you the option to search all pins containing the word shoes in the caption, or filter out your own using the Just my pins option.
Target and non-target screening strategies
It’s worth pointing out that business owners will benefit more from fewer highly-targeted followers than they will by having a mass of followers who are not interested in their product or service.
The more targeted and relevant Pinterest followers are, the greater the likelihood of converting these people into subscribers for a blog, customers for products/services or some other MDA.
It stands to reason that if someone has taken the time to create a board about shoes, then most likely this person is interested in shoes. To implement this targeting strategy, in the search options, select either boards or pinners, ideally both.
There are two options to this step—Boards or Pinners.
You can implement one or both.
- The Boards strategy is very powerful because it allows you to instantly find people who are interested in your niche. Selecting Boards lets you find pinners who have created boards around that topic so they most likely sell, make or simply love shoes. By hitting the Follow button you can follow several shoe boards quickly without entirely following the board owner’s account. Streamline the people you follow.
- The Pinners strategy will provide you with a different set of results. These are all the people and businesses that have included the keyword you are searching for in their name and About section. In other words, they are most likely to be your competitors. These are the people that you need to discover who is following them and who they are following. This strategy is great for market intelligence because it allows you to find a ready-made audience for your products and services, just by following the followers of your competition. Choose a pinner by clicking on their name.
Once you are on their page, look to the right. You will see two tabs, Followers and Following. Click “Followers”. The Followers tabs designates the people following that account. They are Pinterest users who relate with that pinner’s content, and could possibly include:
These are the people you want to engage with.
Click on the Followers tab and start to follow each follower by hitting the grey button below the pinners name.
Step 3 – Follow targeted followers
Armed with the right knowledge obtained from step #2, you will find an immense number of people to follow. People that are highly-targeted. Start small and be selective. Follow from 50 to 100 people daily. Depending on the vigor of your Pinterest strategy, you can expect a follow-back ratio between 20%-50%. Within a short amount of time, your company will have a rich base of Pinterest followers. From there you can continue to develop boards and pin your interesting and relevant content.
- There is more traffic and more pipes coming from Pinterest, than there is from Facebook.
- Your customers, fans and prospects do most of the work on Pinterest. People “pin” things from your wall. Pin things onto Pinterest and your customers, fans and prospects are creating them. Pinterest is designed so that other people can pin your images and create inbound links for your website.
With this strategy, you will build a network of pinners who spread the word about your company.
Pinterest is the fourth largest social media network, the largest builder of inbound links, and the provides the highest amount of referral traffic of any other social media network.
The pull of Pinterest
Pinterest is social, visual, and easy to use which is why brands are flocking to it.
You need followers so you can participate in the best and most inexpensive marketing wind-fall in history, Pinterest. Do this strategically and you will have more success in less time.