Table of Contents
- 1 Build Your Joomla Website
Build Your Joomla Website
Choose a template for your website.
Joomla is an easy-to-use website creation program and there are many free Joomla templates and professional Joomla templates on the Internet. With our easy-to-use Joomla hosting, your business will have a reliable and inexpensive host to launch your website.
Build a Joomla Website: How do I install a template with Joomla?
Joomla templates come as a zipped file that you will download to your computer. Here’s how you upload the template to Joomla:
- In your Joomla Administrator panel, click “Extensions”
- Next, click “Install/Uninstall”. (Screenshot below)
- Click on the “Browse” button.
- Next, browse to the appropriate folder that was unzipped from the template package you downloaded.
- Select the template .zip file. (Screenshot below)
- Click on the “Upload file & Install.” The template should take a few seconds to upload.
- After the upload and install is complete, you should see an “Install Template” message. (Screenshot below)
Next, go to the Template Manager to see your new template.
- Navigate to “Extensions” then to “Template Manager”. (Screenshot below)
- Select the radio button next to your template.
- Click on the “Default” button in the top right area of the manager. When you set the default template, you should see a star in the “Default” column for the template. (Screenshot below)
Where can I find Joomla documentation?
Please visit the Joomla site for the official Joomla documentation (external link, opens in new window).
Where can I find a beginners guide to using Joomla?
Please visit this link on the Joomla site for the official beginner’s guide to using Joomla (external link, opens in new window).