osCommerce Included with Every Plan
Included with every web hosting plan. Installed with one click. Already have osCommerce installed somewhere else? Coming from another hosting provider? We’ll transfer your osCommerce site to our hosting for free. osCommerce is a professional e-commerce solution and is one of the most full featured and configurable shopping carts available.
Getting started with osCommerce
After you establish your web hosting account, you will receive a “New Account Information” email with details on how to access your cPanel control panel.
How to Get Started with osCommerce
- Login to your cPanel control panel.
- Scroll down to the “Software/Services” section.
- Click the “osCommerce” icon to install.
Administration / Backend Functionality:
- Supports unlimited products and categories
- Products-to-categories structure
- Categories-to-categories structure
- Add/Edit/Remove categories, products, manufacturers, customers, and reviews
- Support for physical (shippable) and virtual (downloadable) products
- Administration area secured with a username and password defined during installation
- Contact customers directly via email or newsletters
- Easily backup and restore the database
- Print invoices and packaging lists from the order screen
- Statistics for products and customers
- Multilingual support
- Multicurrency support
- Automatically update currency exchange rates
- Select what to display, and in what order, in the product listing page
- Support for static and dynamic banners with full statistics
- We deliver the most personal customer services in the industry, with highly trained and expert support staff ready to answer every customer question and need.
- Your Hosting support team is comprised of industry professionals who work directly with you to create and manage your solution—our most senior experts, the best and the brightest professionals in the business.
- We provide step-by-step video instruction on everything thing you need to get started with osCommerce—including tips, basic website setup all the way to more complex configuration options.
You may already have an online store with osCommerce so you may be familiar with osCommerce themes and other features. osCommerce is an ecommerce shopping cart platform that many online entrepreneurs use to create web sites in much the same way you (and thousands of others) build an Internet store.
osCommerce is easy to install. In fact, sync up occurs on download so you’re ready to roll as soon as you click the “Finish” button. This is a big plus if time is a critical factor in the launch of your site. osCommerce also offers numerous themes, or templates, to simplify site creation. But unlike straight-up template sites, osCommerce developers have created more than 15,000 addons – pre-programmed features, like an email module or an easy-to-use checkout, to simplify the sales and purchase processes.
What do osCommerce stores look like?
- Visit this link to see the gallery of live osCommerce stores (external link, opens in new window).
The GreenHostIt network provides all customers with over 2,000 Gbps of connectivity between our data centers and 16 points of presence (PoPs). The GreenHostIt data center devices come with a default throughput of 100 Mbps on both public and private networks.
How to Install Themes
osCommerce by default only has one theme available. Before you can Change the theme in osCommerce you will need the Theme Switcher module. You will need the Theme Switcher module so the themes can be changed within the osCommerce Administrative Dashboard.
- First the Theme Switcher Module needs to be installed.
- Then, the jQuery needs to be fixed.
- Finally, a theme can be uploaded.
- Select your Theme from the osCommerce Addon site.
- Now, it is time to install the Theme Switcher Module.
- Login into your cPanel.
- Go to the File Manager Select the directory for your osCommerce installation and click Go.
- Extract the .zip file with the Theme Switcher files in it and upload the following files to each specified location.
- Find the following file in the catalogincludeslanguagesenglishmodules folder of the .zip file: ht_theme_switcher.php
- Upload the ht_theme_switcher.php file to the following directory on your server: /includes/languages/english/modules
- Find the following file in the catalogincludes directory of the .zip file: /template_top.php
- Upload the file to the following directory on your server: /includes
- Find the following file in the catalogincludesmodulesheader_tags directory of the .zip file: ht_theme_switcher.php
- Upload the file to the following directory on your server: /includes/modules/header_tags
- Navigate to ‘Modules’ > ‘Header Tags’ on the left navigation menu.
- Click the ‘Theme Switcher’ title in the Modules list. Click ‘Install Module’
- The Module will install with red errors like the snapshot to the right. Don’t worry about this now. The next tutorial will explain how to update your jQuery files to the newest version.
- Click the Edit button towards the top. You will see the theme switcher interface. Now we need to fix the version of jQuery and upload a new theme.
- Our osCommerce Hosting exceeds the minimum requirements.
- Latest Versions of Apache, MySQL, & PHP
- Installs the newest osCommerce Version
- PHP runs as CloudLinux for increased osCommerce security.
- osCommerce is included for free with our web hosting accounts.
We offer a multi-level approach for shielding osCommerce against physical and electronic threats. Our security procedures utilize industry best practices from sources including The Center for Internet Security (CIS), Microsoft, and Red Hat and more. The data center facility is SSAE16 certified.
- Domain Names Included with Website Hosting How to register a good domain name for free with website hosting Register a domain name for your brilliant idea before s...
- Web Hosting Tools to Win the Sale Selling with Social Media In today's competitive marketplace and struggling economy, business owners need to strategize ...