From Earth to the Internet
A study by Mckinsey & Co. predicted that data centers will surpass the airline industry as the largest source of CO2 emissions by 2020. For this reason, our firm has chosen to off-set all electricity usage for the web hosting servers with 100% Texas Wind Energy through 3Degrees. Green web hosting is the movement that is bringing common sense back to the web hosting industry. It helps business owners to reduce their carbon footprint, demonstrate responsibility, and build client loyalty and goodwill.
What It Means For You
Badges For Green Host It account holders, green-certifying your website(s) means that:
- The servers, offices and data centers that host your site are completely powered by wind energy
- Your site is qualified for Green Host It’s “green badges”, which comes with the Green Host It purchases the amount in RECs for every KWH of energy consumers which, in one year, is equivalent to planting 55 trees
- Your online business benefits from your own green marketing campaign
Add a green badge to your website and your business can stand out among competitors. You can inspire a new lifestyle, while building your business and global brand.
- Take the quizz. What’s your carbon footprint?
- Join the effort. Plant the roots of tomorrow.
- Take the pledge. Tell local, national, & international leaders to phase-out carbon.
- Buy green web hosting. There’s no question that, even though websites exist purely online with no actual stores, they still consume energy to operate. Every web hosting package that we offer has a purpose – to reduce consumption and pollution, protect natural resources, replenish and restore the planet, and celebrate the web everywhere. To meet this commitment, all of our web hosting plans are powered by 100% Texas Wind energy, with the utmost respect for the Earth and its people. Our goal is a positive impact for your business and your website with a minimal impact on the planet.
What can one website do?
One year of power savings for one green hosting server:
- Eliminate 4 tons of CO2 emissions
- Plant 55 trees
- Take 1.5 cars off the road
Energy Use and Carbon Emissions
- 20% of the carbon dioxide produced in the United States is generated by the nation’s transportation segment.
- 40% of the carbon dioxide produced in the United States is generated by the electricity utilized.
- Data center energy consumption has doubled Since 2000.
- Traditional web hosting providers require a great deal of energy to power web servers and other network equipment.
- Environmental and cooling controls, fire-suppression systems, electronic security mechanisms and Internet connections all require the use of energy.
Renewable Energy Credits
- Producing wind power ourselves is not impossible, so our company has purchased Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) to offset 100% of our energy use.