- Create a Blog with WordPress
- Create a Blog with Strategic Content Creation
- How can you become King of your WordPress Blog?
- Testimonials in Blog Marketing – 3 Steps:
- High frequency or Low frequency blog posts?
- Growing your WordPress Blog into a Success
- How do you make money with a blog?
- Create a Blog with Guest Bloggers
- To create a blog and build content is a challenge.
- Ideas for Blog Content
- Create a Blog – Strategy
- Create a Blog – Research
- Create a Blog – Videos
- Create a Blog – Cross Promote
- Video Layouts
- Create a Blog with Comments
- High Frequency vs. Low Frequency Blog Content
- Create a Blog – Engagement
Create a Blog with WordPress
To begin with, some entrepreneurs and new bloggers start with the intent of churning out quality content. But then they could eventually descend into the lurking, ever-present wild without a proper content management system (CMS). Create a blog with WordPress because the challenge of publishing on a consistent basis can be a overwhelming without a proper content management system.
From personal projects to your highest profile clients, get reliable, high-performance WordPress hosting for all your WordPress sites. If there’s one reason why so many blogs fail to perform as expected with traffic and readership, it’s frequency. Start on the right foot by choosing an appropriate web host. There are literally hundreds of WordPress websites to look at.
Create a Blog with Strategic Content Creation
Publishing worthwhile content on a regular basis is hard, but necessary. So let’s get busy and tame your WordPress blog.
How can you become King of your WordPress Blog?
Your wild Blog may undergo a mysterious transformation into a jungle environment. Malicious beasts may lurk at every corner and as an eager blogger, you may feel that becoming king of your blog is out of reach. However, after successfully intimidating the creatures of your blog, you will learn that king is not so far out of reach.
Testimonials in Blog Marketing – 3 Steps:
Testimonials are very powerful forms of marketing because they are other peoples’ words. There are 3 simple steps to using testimonials to create a blog:
- Ask people – use a survey system (survey monkey) and exit surveys. “Would you recommend this to a friend or a colleague”? and “If you were to recommend this to a friend or a colleague, what would you say?”. Ask a customer if you can make a recording of them recommending what you have. Live “in-person” connecting is something that gives you in depth ability to connect with someone. You can read their body language and you have an amazing in person connection. networking is phenomenal and what happens when you network in person is you augment the relationship and then it turns into profits.
- Find the good testimonials or video clips. Review all your testimonials, dig through them and find the good ones. You don’t need to use long segments but you can zone into short clips.
- Pull it all together.
High frequency or Low frequency blog posts?
Why would readers share a post with friends or follow it to a purchase? Typically, high quality is the catalyst to any successful blog. Throwing out frequent, low quality posts will do your brand no favors. If you want, consider using outside vendors or tools like Storify to help make your content creation simpler. A community of readers who appreciate your quality content will become more engaged and more loyal. You create a bond and a trust level with the readership. In turn, the user will want to give back by sharing your articles.
Growing your WordPress Blog into a Success
- Answer questions that people ask you — take the opportunity to create content by answering peoples’ questions. It offers benefits to your readers.
- Engage with your email list. The value of communicating with your email list is limitless. Article ideas that are suggested by users are the best type of articles. Because the article answers a question it is a valuable gift to your users.
- When someone opts into your newsletter and you reply with a “thank you” — at that point, you can send the user a question email in which you interact with the user, your community will become more engaged and more loyal. You create a bond and a trust level with the readership. In turn, the user will want to give back by sharing your articles.
- Encourage people to post their questions on a single location, such as your Facebook wall or on your blog. This does many things such as keeping the questions organized so that they are easier to answer plus it provides you with ideas for future articles.
- Guest submissions are a great way to grow your blog without being overwhelmed.
- Create tutorials from ideas that your clients contribute through questions and your answers.
How do you make money with a blog?
- The business model is straight forward. Some bloggers build WordPress applications and plug ins. Rather than consulting on a retainer basis for a websites and blogs, you can move from retaining fees to consulting for WordPress blogs that need help with conversion marketing. What can you improve on a WordPress site to increase conversion.
- A blog focused on a certain niche positions yourself as an expert in your market. And from this point, you can launch your site or blog to another level.
- Most important, monetizing through display advertisements like Google Adsense or private ads as well are difficult if your audience is very targeted. Therefore, a better way to monetize your website or blog is through affiliate marketing. It gives you the opportunity to better control what is being displayed on your site.
- “Doubleclick for publishers” is a good way to advertise on your site. You can set it up so that display advertising shows up after a certain number of visits. The big benefit of Doubleclick for publishers is that you can create display ads to advertise on your website or blog FOR YOUR OWN PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
- You can create very sophisticated display ads for your own stuff. Try canva[dot]com for your advertising banners. It’s free if you provide your own images.
Create a Blog with Guest Bloggers
As a brand grows, there are many challenges. Consequently, one of the challenges you will experience while you create a blog is keeping your content up to date. A good way to curve this hurdle is to have guest-bloggers. As your business grows, have a part time worker edit old articles to be sure that they are kept relevant.
To create a blog and build content is a challenge.
Search Google through items that are interesting and engaging.
Ideas for Blog Content
- Lists and short documents that explain a concept
- How to articles
- Top 10
- Knowledge and news
- YouTube videos provide ideas for articles. Find out what is trending and then build on those trends.
Create a Blog – Strategy
- Choose Topics People Care About
- Rewrite That Headline!
- Make Posts More “Skimmable”
- Don’t Skimp on Pictures or Graphics (create Infographics!)
- Improve Ease of Sharing
- Prime the Pump
- Build Your Social Foundation
- Help others spread their great content
Create a Blog – Research
- Wikipedia is a good start to do research.
- Another great way to perform research is to setup “alerts” in Google News. Define important keywords that you want to be alerted about and, when a new item is trending on your topic, Google will email an alert to you. It’s like putting your research on auto-pilot.
Create a Blog – Videos
Take images from your articles and then make a slideshow. In essence you are reading a transcript and create a podcast. The end result is a video that you can post onto YouTube.
Create a Blog – Cross Promote
Collaborate with other YouTube channels and promote each other’s channels and each other’s videos.
As your blog and YouTube channel grows, you will see that the YouTube channel audience will funnel visitors to your blog. With YouTube you can grow a very large, very loyal audience. Many YouTube visitors will come back to your YouTube channel and then continue to visit your blog or website.
Create a Blog with Comments
Most important, keep in mind that you can not debate visitors. Rather, be patient and be aware that people are trolling for content.
The mass appeal audience is aggressive and fast paced. Grow a network of power users on the social media networks. You can leverage social media and your content to trigger emotional feelings. You can capture your visitors with knowledge and practical how-tis.
High Frequency vs. Low Frequency Blog Content
One is not better than the other. The strategy depends on the type of model that you have and what you are looking to achieve. Low frequency, high quality content is more preferable. But if you are looking to create a blog and build an audience, high frequency content will be more suitable.
Create a Blog – Engagement
Generally, publishing about one post a week is a good benchmark for a business blog when it’s new with little traffic. A professional blogger, on the other hand, might start out with three to five posts per week. So, utilizing other sources for content, like guest contributors, or syndication sources are generally a good idea.
But you knew this was coming. Consequently, to create a blog requires a lot more strategy than simply throwing large quantities of content onto your website. While there probably is a perfect post frequency, it differs from one site to the next.