Table of Contents
Make Money with WordPress
It is entirely possible to make money with WordPress. See, With WordPress you have the benefit of huge open source community as a distribution platform for your product or service. Therefore, WordPress currently powers over 26% of the web and is a state-of-the-art schematic platform. The early years of WordPress were grown from a need to build good software for the founders personal use. It was called b2 and it grew into an active community, which then slowed a little. Next, Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little forked the software, which is now called WordPress and twelve years later, the parent company (Automattic) employs over 500 people.
The Different Types of WordPress
The different types of WordPress are:
- WordPress.com runs the WordPress software and a good place to get started. It’s for people who just want to dip their toes into the water.
- WordPress.org is the self-hosted platform and what people use if they wish to choose a web hosting company to download and install the WordPress software. If you want to modify the code, then this is the choice for you. This version is usually obtained through a WordPress hosting provider because of the easy click-to-install feature.
With a next-generation interface of WordPress, it offers a single interface to manage all your WordPress.com or Jetpack-enabled sites. WordPress offers the latest web technologies. It supports WordPress multi-site and is a single place to manage all of your WordPress.com and Jetpack-enabled sites. Hence, you can focus on content — not administration. This is a powerful interface for WordPress, in use now at WordPress.com and in the desktop app.
A Community that Makes Money with WordPress
The freedom of the GPL means that you can modify WordPress and use it to sell themes, for example, online. People who wanted to build businesses and the philosophy of open source originally lead to some type of “fear” that one cannot build a business based on WordPress without violating the software license.
Times have changed as the fear has lifted. Now there is a huge market for WordPress services, WordPress development services, WordPress support, and more. WordPress has grown beyond the early, open source and optics, and now – there is not just some money made, but tens of hundreds of millions of dollars being made with WordPress! You can build a business on open source… and this article will explain why and how.
How to Make Money with WordPress
Commercial themes based on WordPress open source are an excellent example. This idea is an obvious one-way for the WordPress community to make money. But there are so many other ways for companies to generate revenue with WordPress. Anything that creates value for someone exposes an opportunity to leverage and build a successful business. WordPress is a means to an end.
As it reaches a larger and larger amount of people, even the very niche users become valuable. For example, if someone wants to sell more widgets, get more customers in their restaurant, or sell more houses – even the very niche users can become valuable. If you have goals, such as getting your visitors to buy something directly from you, coming to your events, or reading your blog and clicking on your Google Adsense ads.
People will generate income for you if you provide value for them. Make money with WordPress by creating great, original, unique and helpful content. If you can help people to build their business, then it results in a business service that can be of value and leveraged by your company. WordPress does a really good job doing what most people want to accomplish.
- More customers in my restaurant
- To sell more of my widgets
- I want an audience for my blog that someday I can turn into a book and have speaking events.
Plug-ins for WordPress Business Opportunities:
- Automattic has some service plug-ins available through JetPack such as anti-spam and security services (Vault Press and Akismet). They are light-weight plug-ins that connect you to an external service.
- VaultPress makes it easy to keep an up-to-date backup of your site with both daily and real time syncing of all your WordPress content. To ensure your site stays safe, VaultPress performs security scans daily and makes it easy to review and fix threats.
- Akismet s an advanced hosted anti-spam service. It efficiently processes and analyzes masses of data from millions of sites and communities in real time. To fight the latest and dirtiest tactics embraced by the world’s most proficient spammers.
- WooCommerce and its extensions are available to put on top of WordPress and build an e-commerce website. E-commerce as a category is in big demand and WooCommerce solves this need.
- Lightweight plug-ins such as Job Manager and Sensei:
- WordPress Job Manager a lightweight job listing plug-in for adding job-board like functionality to your WordPress site.
- Sensei is a learning management system if you want to run classes online and help people. With the Sensei plug-in you can create courses, write lessons, and add quizzes. Set lesson and course pre-requisites, allow user registration and even charge for your course content if you want. Sensei is the ultimate WordPress learning management system.
JetPack is one of my personal favorites. Built on the WordPress platform, JetPack is an all-inclusive solution for your business website. It’s one of those rare things that just works well and solves many, many problems.
Make Money with WordPress
Making money with WordPress is no different than making money in the real world. However, with WordPress you have the benefit of huge open source community as a distribution platform for your product or service. Its how you will win against really large competitors out there. Think about long-term solution and what makes your business relevant and are you orienting your business to make that a reality?